• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS checksum error, clear CMOS doesn't work. Reflash BIOS???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clevor

I overclocked the ram on my 8RDA+, 1.1 too high and get the BIOS checksum error. Usually I just clear the CMOS, or do it with the battery removed and no problem regaining control of the board. But the board refuses to clear. Tried leaving the jumper on and battery out overnight and no dice. So what am I supposed to do now, give it a floppy with AWDFLASH and the BIOS? That's what it's asking for.

Yeah Cuda, found your post. And solved it the same way!

In a nutshell, a floppy with the AWDFLASH and BIN won't work! It must be a boot floppy, perhaps a special one. The Dr. DOS floppy worked like a charm; just stick it in with the required files and the flash process will occur automatically. Get back into the BIOS and resume overclocking.

This is the first time I've had the Checksum error and not been able to regain control of the board with a simple CMOS clear, or pressing the INSERT key on reboot. Otherwise, you're talking a new BIOS chip or sending the board back to the manufacturer :(.

Back