• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Mobility 9600 64mb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madillo

Registered
Just installed the Omega drivers 2.5.22 which comes with Radlinker.

Current settings say CORE: 337.50, MEMORY: 229.50
I have an option to ENABLE CLOCK RATE CHANGE, but what is a recommended overclock rate?

TIA

just try for spomething easy, like 350 or 360 for the core :) try and bump the mem upto 250 :)

Thanks, Ive done that.
This is probably an eternal question but how do you know how much to overclock and when to stop?

Radlinker is you best bet. Ive never seen someone OC a mobility card b4. Good luck and...

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS
...and the sickness :eek:

With the ATI tool, do you hit Find Max xxx and leave it untill you get bored?
Then it just sets it high as it got?

yeah, you just hit find max and leave it for a while (I left mine for 40 mins) and it'll do the rest. After that i saved mine as max so i dont have to try to remember what it was clocked at.

I'd be VERY careful w/ oc'ing that lappy's video card. Since your lappy has a 9600 pro m, it's probably an expensive lappy. Expensive or not, there is 1 thing most laptops have in common: crappy cooling. Watch your temps like a hawk dood. I'd hate to see you fry that 9600m. ;)

well that was my concern.. just going 'ooh overclock!' and cranking it up to max.
Laptops are warm enough as it is.

After a hardcore gaming evening, you could keep your coffee warm on it.

yeah, i dont run mine over clocked 99% of the time. I hardly overclock for games (cause the 9600 does a good job of running everything i want to play). Sorry i should have specified I dont run mine oc'd all the time. And if you find a temp monitoring program for it, let me know, lol.

Back