• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tales from the Crypt WARNING! GRAPHIC IMAGES!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafa

A customer who is a smoker and cat fancier brought his machine into the shop yesterday, complaining of spontaneous reboots. The reason is shown below and it ain't pretty. Thought everyone would get a kick out of this.

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 6,907
Heh...To add insult to injury, the HSF was attached to the Antec low-voltage connector and then the Thermaltake fan controller which was set to low. The fan RPM was aroun 1300. It's really a testimony to the durability of the AthlonXP 2200+, as he ran it like that for nearly 2 years and the CPU still functions!

Jesus christ...

People gotta take more care of their PCs.
That's gross dude. I woulda used a hazmat suit to handle that thing.

And I thought my PC was in bad shape...

Robbie said:
I need to pass these pix off to my Ex's mother. She sits and smokes all the time on the computer I built for her.

So do I, but I am smart enough to clean the system out once every week or so...

LOL I smoke and have pets... and I have a Gateway PIII-733 that I had been using for the last 4 years until I built this rig. Well, I keep it blown out for the most part, so the heatsink and mobo and such aren't that bad, however, last week I decided to take the power supply out and clean it out, since the only fan in the machine is on the power supply.

Well, I didn't get pictures, but when I got the PSU opened up the only way I can describe it is it looked like a rabbit had exploded inside the PSU! Took an air compressor to it and it looks like new again, but man, I couldn't believe how dirty that thing was!

what well be even grosser is when you blow that thing off and it all goes into your lungs

Back