• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tales from the Crypt WARNING! GRAPHIC IMAGES!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmmmm
mine did look like that, when my house was getting repainted

actually, white powder is all over my motherboard :()

* Thinks about how the poor cats look inside judging from this picture*

Those poor cats.... They must have worse lung cancer than that lady...

That is sickening, my parents smoke right next to the AMD system, and we have two parakeets.... doesnt get any dust in it at all - wierd. My case gets really dusty and my room is very clean, no pets in here, and no smoking, but a very small room.

Take a look at that dust under a microscope sometime.

You might be surprised how much of it is shed skin from you
your pets, & fibers from clothes, carpet etc ...
Quite common in every household. Kind of disgusting when you
really think about it.

Anyone have and air filter in their room? I kind of want to get one to keep the dust down so I don't have to do constant dusting inside and around the case.

Also it would be easier on the lungs in my crapolla dorm room.

Dang a pic like that would almost make me want to stop smoking...but I don't in the first place... so I'll have to start, and then give it up :D :D.....ok ok Ya I have seen pics like this before. Its pretty sick stuff. Forget about smoking being bad for people look what it does to the computers!!1 Ohh the injustice!!!1

How come that near the HS there's no dust?!?Has anyone wonder that?
Look at it:it's all clean near the HS.It's like... all the cat hair and dust was taken by the fan on the HS.Where's the dust and cat hair on the mobo?!?
I think it's a fake.

From the looks of it the heatsink isn't even on the motherboard. He must have taken it off to get better pics.

StaticXD00d said:
Oh bull. You guys are taking this smoking thing a little far... yes, it's bad for you, yes, it makes your computers dirtier than normal, but come on... it does NOT make your stuff fry. I've got machines sitting right here next to me that have been running for 7 years with me smoking next to them every day and haven't missed a tick.

I'd like to see some proof of this:

And this too:

:rolleyes:

I would show you the parts but they are in the trash...
duh...

the stinking yellow film tends to kill fans first...then everything overheats then you get a dead computer.....

you sound like the guy who says...I never look twice before I cross the street...I havent been hit yet....WHAPPPPPP!!!!!

btw merely running a smokers computer in my house for repair stinks it up so bad i have to open the windows...case fans exude the stink....

but you cant tell because smoking has destroyed your sense of smell and taste.

I usually take electronic cleaner to the parts and it looks like yellow **** running off everything..
i refuse to touch that sticky crap....

OBTW...I def charge extra for smokers computers......

Last edited:
theELVISCERATOR said:

I would show you the parts but they are in the trash...
duh...

the stinking yellow film tends to kill fans first...then everything overheats then you get a dead computer.....

you sound like the guy who says...I never look twice before I cross the street...I havent been hit yet....WHAPPPPPP!!!!!

btw merely running a smokers computer in my house for repair stinks it up so bad i have to open the windows...case fans exude the stink....

but you cant tell because smoking has destroyed your sense of smell and taste.

I usually take electronic cleaner to the parts and it looks like yellow **** running off everything..
i refuse to touch that sticky crap....

OBTW...I def charge extra for smokers computers......

I did not deny that smoking is a nasty, unhealthy habit that leaves sticky yellow crap on everything; I merely refuted your statement that the sticky yellow film fried motherboards. You never said anything about a chain reaction due to clogged fans causing overheating... you simply said the yellow sticky stuff fries motherboards, which is blatantly false. Our sense of smell and taste is irrelevant.

Back