• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

StarCraft2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
9mmCensor said:

They are with Ghost... for consoles.

And you can bet I'll happily fork over the $70 it'll cost to buy the game for my GC when it's released :)

But the thing w/ Ghost is, it's not an RTS. It's closer to Splinter Cell, in the fact that it involves stealth and cunning over making a huge army of Zerglings and shouting 'KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE ^____________________^ ZERG RUSH!!!'

Neeseius said:
There wont be because the last addition to the game, which was an expansion pack, was 6 years ago. I dont know of any game in history that has released an addon or sequal 6 years later without nething in between!
I could go on and on... but guys its not gonna happen
I wouldnt say that. Terminator came out in 1984 then 7 years later T2 and 12 years later T3 so just cuase in 6 years nothing has happend doesnt mean it wont.

As was mentioned, the original Wolfenstein 3D and then Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Almost a 10 year difference there (Wolfenstein 3D came out on May 5, 1992, and RTCW came out in Nov 2001).

Riddle me this: what do you consider started? Does "started" mean coding, or does "started" mean kicking around story lines, events, etc etc.

If the first, then production probably hasnt started. If the later, the yes, it started. There is no way any company thats in the business of making money would let this go without some thought to it ever since SC became as popular as it did

*edit* Just for ****s and giggles...taste the goodness

http://www.3drealms.com/wolf3d/images/shot1.jpg
http://www.3drealms.com/wolf3d/images/shot2.jpg
http://www.3drealms.com/wolf3d/images/shot3.jpg
http://www.3drealms.com/wolf3d/images/shot4.jpg

Ahh, the good ol' days

ya know i dont think they left the story hanging like that to just never get back into also something is gonna happen and SC2 will rock

El-Scotto said:
ya know i dont think they left the story hanging like that to just never get back into also something is gonna happen and SC2 will rock

They left it open, and its going to continue with starcraft ghost most likely...

I really think SC2 is starcraft ghost, I think blizzard may revisit the idea of sc2 in the future, but maybe they are just tired of rts after finishing up wc3.

Blizzard is working on 2 games now, sc ghost and wow, who knows what will be next, but I cant wait to find out (Prays for diablo 3)

I think it probably wouldn't take too long to make a Starcraft 2. As mentioned, we have an extremely useful Warcraft3 engine available - I'm sure it could be adapted with a little work. Maybe even add in the equivelant of heroes into it?

Krowa 02 said:
(Prays for diablo 3)

The problem with that is after LOD, they didnt leave the story open like at hte end of the first one. The Three have been banished for good (with the destruction of the World Stone and soul stones), so what else is there to do?

Evnas said:

The problem with that is after LOD, they didnt leave the story open like at hte end of the first one. The Three have been banished for good (with the destruction of the World Stone and soul stones), so what else is there to do?

Uh . . . possibly re-work the Soulstones or something . . . I dunno . .

There will definately be a sc2.
Didn't you guys do the little bonus mission in brood war? That hinted at sc2. The end of w3 hints at sc2. sc and w3 have sort of the same gameplay and its easy to produce sc characteristics in a w3 map editor. The game wouldn't take too long to make. Just setup story, campaigns, upgrade w3 graphics a little and you have sc2. SC ghost is a 3rd person and is only for console and is still based on the same storyline as sc from a ghosts perspective.

maybe Blizz has been making SC2 and will pull a surprise release... That would be so awesome....

But I believe it has about a 50-50 chance, my bet is that they will bring in a new action RPG tye franchise to replace Diablo now, maybe a futuristic one like SWG but with SC characters...

taken from SC:Ghosts FAQ....

Q: Is this StarCraft II?
A: No.

Q: Will there be a StarCraft II? When?
A: Although we have not made any announcements and do not have a development or release timeline, we do fully intend to revisit the world of StarCraft on PC at some point in the future.

http://blizzard.com/ghost/faq.shtml

David said:
I think it probably wouldn't take too long to make a Starcraft 2. As mentioned, we have an extremely useful Warcraft3 engine available - I'm sure it could be adapted with a little work. Maybe even add in the equivelant of heroes into it?
Star Craft has hero's you can use in the map builder along with the ability to adjust any units stats ;) Makes for some fun times.

Re: Re: StarCraft2

Flashfx2 said:

Ever hear of doom 3? :p

Yeah, thats a 10 year gap...and I'm sure thats not the only example.

It will likely be a long ways off, since blizzard has a record of releasing great games that are always horribly delayed. (I think the original SC was like a year late or something.

Hell, IMO all they have to do is transfer the units over to the WC3 engine and add a new race. Better graphics and a new race on top of a proven system will result in a purchase from me.

Last edited:
One day it will happen, I'm quite sure.

But we'll probably be waiting quite a while. Blizzard takes their time with games, to make sure they get them right.

I have no doubt that this game will be made, EVENTUALLY.

I think they already have it in development, but are keeping it very secret. Note: This is just my guess, based on a few hints I've seen.

Robrules18 said:
maybe Blizz has been making SC2 and will pull a surprise release... That would be so awesome....

But I believe it has about a 50-50 chance, my bet is that they will bring in a new action RPG tye franchise to replace Diablo now, maybe a futuristic one like SWG but with SC characters...

There you have it. Enough said!

Blizzard hinted at a Starcraft 2 at the end of starcracft-big time, and at the end of warcraft 2, with the orcs in space suits cut scene, and the hydralisks cut scene for beeting the game on regular.

Back