• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my 9800 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leaddraft

After lurking around here many months (as I very much),, I've takin the plunge.... Going from a PNY G~4 440MX to a 9800 Pro... In the process of upgrading everthing from this old comp, and "almost" done.. My current specs.
AMD 2000 XP palimineo core
1024 PC133 SDRAM
crap-ola MOBO (pc chips)
Maxtor 40 gig HD
soundblaster 5.1
and of course a 9800 pro.......(128)

No I know this ram and mobo are holding this card waaaaaaay back also the Apartre<sp> is set at 64 megs (can't change it) and the card is running at 4x in the AGP slot....
First question is..... I tried to run 3dmark /w the patch and it freezes on the first CPU test, just flat out freezes....... ??? any thoughts on this?
Next as I've stated above, I'm "almost" done with my upgrading,, that is, I've still got in the box a ASUS A7N8X delux, V 2.0, paired with a "unlocked" AMD 2500 Barton. (Got it before they went locked)... My next question is this..........................
I really want that Mushkin 256 X 2 PC3200 level II "222" special ram to install in this board........ But due too possible buget constraints I may be only too afford the "Value" ram from Kingston....... Will this ram work "OK", w/o OC'ing?? I know its off topic on this part of the forum but,, I don't wish too post 3 times around here and upset everyone.......

But back too the 9800 Pro.. it's the one for 212.00 on newegg. so far so good. Been a Nividia fan for many years but I gotta say going ATI, I'm never ever going back to Nividia..... This card is soo hassel free, EZ to understand software, runs as cool as that 440-mx, and well I've seen things in games I've never thought possible before..... :eek: I'm very impressed with this card! I can't wait too get it into the new MOBO, and thinking how great this card will perfrom then????? :eek: Hope everyone can give me "alittle" feedback, and welcome me to the darkside,,, that is ATI :D

leaddraft said:

But back too the 9800 Pro.. it's the one for 212.00 on newegg. so far so good. Been a Nividia fan for many years but I gotta say going ATI, I'm never ever going back to Nividia..... This card is soo hassel free, EZ to understand software, runs as cool as that 440-mx, and well I've seen things in games I've never thought possible before..... :eek: I'm very impressed with this card! I can't wait too get it into the new MOBO, and thinking how great this card will perfrom then????? :eek: Hope everyone can give me "alittle" feedback, and welcome me to the darkside,,, that is ATI :D

??:rolleyes:

And all this coming from a guy who just upgraded from a 440 mx card, lol!

The Kingston value ram is a good buy, as long as it has the micron chips.

Back