• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT IC7 Problem - Turns on then right back off.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

revolver365

Registered
Just got back from the computer show with a nice new IC7 board..

Only problem is, damn thing won't turn on. I'm pretty sure I just got a defective motherboard because what happens is when I press the power button it will turn on for 1 second then cut right back off.

I have a old IT7 that I can plug in with nothin on the board.. no cpu/vid card/mem, turn it on and it will turn on and stay running. If I try to do the same with the IC7 it just turns on and off.

Once when I was trying to clear the CMOS I turned it on and it stayed on but that doesn't do much good.

So in short, I'm pretty sure it's just a defect. Just wondering if anyone here had any other ideas?

Thanks,

Join the club bud :) what the number serial on your board mines a C3E001... . Im RMAing it tomorrow. Mine shut off after 1/10th of a seccond

d33068 here..

So this is a known problem?

Anywho I just found out this board doesn't support 400fsb and i'm running a 1.8ghz northwood cpu.. this is just a 2nd computer for my girldfriend.. I'm gonna return it tomororw and get something else.

Any sugesstions? I'd prolly go IS7 but I don't think they have that one.. not sure. Might go with an ASUS board with the same chipset.

When I said ASUS board w/ same chipset I meant same chipset as the IC7 because from what I read the asus board with the 875p can run at 400mhz fsb.

Back