• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best memory running at or below 2.8V?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yomama

Obviously there is a lot of memory out there that runs really well when you mod the vdimm - which can be an ardous task, which is labor intensive (remove mobo etc) and for which most people are not skilled or equipped...

Anyhow which is the fastest memory that does not require me to go over 2.8V - my IC7 limit?

Thanks

Yo

the newer revisions of the hynix ct- bt-d43 chips need surprisingly little voltage to reach some times staggering speeds. like the komusa pc4200 with the adata chips, most of the guys are getting 285+ with a gig of ram at 2.8-2.9. even the non speed binned kingston valueram bt-d43 chips ive tested will run reliably to about 260 at 2.8v, and actually dont like anything higher than 2.9v.

I was looking into buying some new ram for my main and tossing the twinmos I have in my back up rig. That Komusa ram looks verrry interesting indeed! Not too happy about the loose timmings, but nothing a little more vdimm can't handle :D

Thanx for the link Sophisticated ;)

The Komusa is definately a loose timing ram; it's made for high FSB rather than tight timings. You can run 2.5-3-3-7 if you're less than ~466mhz if I recall, but it's not stellar obviously.

Back