• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PIII 650E@806 temp ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I forgot to mention that my P!!! 650e is a cB0 stepping ? What does this practically/technicaly means ? I know orverclockers are fond of this, but why, really ?

cB0 stepping on your 650mhz P3 CPU is probably the latest revision one becauze they don't make cC0 on 650mhz and less CPUs (Correct me if Im wrong). Yes, your CPU should overclock fairly well. Might be able to reach 900mhz or surpass it with a descent cooling. I have a P3 600E cB0@ 912mhz and using a Alpha P3125 with 2- 60mm Sunon fans. The room temp is 78F. The CPU idle temp: 24.5C and at load temp: 29- 30C. This HSF is very nice cooler.. I love it. :) Globalwin VOS 32 is a good one too :p Have fun!

AdeRorthais said:
I forgot to mention that my P!!! 650e is a cB0 stepping ? What does this practically/technicaly means ? I know orverclockers are fond of this, but why, really ?
I've OCed this chip, P/// 650Mhz Slot1 with the same Stepping Revision of yours, cB0 @866Mhz (6*133.3) at the rated VCore (1.65v) with a standard cooler with double fan and the temps are around 40-45 degree C @full load.

At last !

I got it at last ! GlobalWin VOS32+ ! I'm going to install it tonight, just can't wait to see it doing his cooling hell of a job !
I'll tell you how it goes soon !
Thanx !

Back