• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Advice On Barton 2500+!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twitch579

Disabled
I need advice on my new xp2500. This is my second 2500, first was unlocked now new one is locked on new motherboard. new board is biostar m7ncd pro(nforce2 ultra). The week of new chip is AQZFA 0347 VPBW. I have read all different ways to unlock this cpu but need final advice on exactly how to do it, will the wire trick work or do i have to get crazie with the rear defroster ****, any info will be greatly apprec. Thanks:( :( :( :(

Rest of my system:768 pc2700(****)

REST OF MY SYSTEM, 9800XT, AUDIGYZS, THERMALTAKE VOLCANO 11+ , ALSO I HAVE NEVER SEEN MY CHIP WEEK NUMBER ANYWHERE TO READ IF ITS LOCKED OR NOT. I AM ASSUMING THAT ITS NEWER AND THAT ITS LOCKED, MAYBE SOMEBODY CAN TELL ME. THANKS

Last edited:
i just tried the wire trick froms toms hardware and it didnt work...:mad: :mad: :mad: guess i gotta go out and spend mad money on memory to get some more headroom.. Doesnt soom worth it to me.

yea i gave up, im gonna run my fsb async to get the speed up a little. cant turn up my crap memory(pc2700)200/166 11x

i got my 2500+ yesterday and it worked. i just did pensil trick on L5-1 and 2 to make it fake mobile which then allowed me to change the multiplier in windows via crystalcpuid. i now have all 24x multi available which is nice, but i can only use 12x at stock voltage which is not nice. voltage mod time:D

BTW, this trick doesn't seem to work on every mobo so be careful, details at above url link. good luck.

what week is your barton, is it hard to do the bridge? mine is a week 47

sorry man i'm just so lazy that i didn't check it properly... but it's very new and it's been built sometime this year that's for sure. so it's dead locked before this modification. connecting bridges wasn't that difficult but they are soooo tiny i had to use maginifying glass to see if i did right. I also finished cutting L11 bridges for voltage tweaking( because my lame mobo doesn't have one in bios setting)and this one was definitely more scarely. i think you can make any barton into mobile by connecting L5-2 but you have to be very careful with L5-1 because this will set 24x multi as your boot multi(on some mobo) and this will make your pc won't boot or in worst case fry your cpu. on this type of mobo pc will boot at L6 bridge config (so as i read) so additional L6 mod will be necessary i guess. and most nforce2 and amd based mobo doesn't seem to like powernow!( which crystalcpuid use) so they should stick to fsb tweaking.

well i just bought some pc4000 anyway, guess i wont be changing my multi anytime soon, my hands are so shaky i wouldnt be able to do it. Get to hot here in florida to overclock without real real real good cooling. thanks

pleasure. yeah, if you have pci and agp locking option then stick to fsb tweaking as they give you more speed. this multi thingy is for inferior mobo like mine only:D pc4000, wow. that one stick worth more than my biostar mobo man.lol.good luck! (i'm located now in u.k.....but Japanese:) and oyasumi.

i got biostar m7ncd pro too(nforce 2) , its kingston hyperx 1gig dual channel, i hate my mobo, even with the memory i still cant get past 2.1 (around 195 fsb)with 1.75voltage, i am goin to invest in new mobo real soon, prob abit nf7 or asus a7n8x, i had asus long time and loved that board.

i agree, it's not a bad board packed with some nice features and probably ok for general use but not for overclocker. why did you buy biostar? i think your other components are top notch and this mobo really pulling you back i guess. yeah get youself nf7 or nf7-s if you can, everyone's using this board so it must be good. btw, [email protected] is not bad, i tried overclocking mine after voltage mod but it didn't do so well. i'm also considering better cooling as 1.75v really producing some heat. maybe i'm going for water/c this time. which psu are you using btw? i just found some interesting link so if you are interested have a look. it's japanese website so i don't know if you can read but basically this guy tested various psu from different manufacturer. it's really amazing to see same rating psu performing so differently!

Back