• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

booting to usb cd drive from portege 3480CT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TimDgsr

I have a friend that got one of these laptops at a really good price, but the OS is trashed, comes up with a blue screen. He doesn't want to have to buy the drive from toshiba, any ideas if this thing can boot to a usb drive?

I don't have much experience with toshiba laptops but it didn't really look like it had a bios, if you pushed f2 all it comes up with is like 4 boot options.

any ideas?

nope, no drives whatsoever. sorry, been away from the computer couldn't reply lately.

it has a small docking station type wire that connects to the side of it, and on this are usb, ps2, parallel, serial, and i think maybe another strange connector.

no problem, just reboot your laptop and as soon as it turns back on hold down the escape key, it will ask you to check system (or something like that) then press F1, that the the portege CMOS

Back