• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cascade SS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Damn it seems like if I get a Cascade I might as well just make it a display piece cuz its so rare :p

I'll be interested in getting one once i get my Athlon 64 and Mobo so I can build a new system and bid farewell to the XP Barton series hehe..

Cathar said:

There's a vague possibility if I get enough interest. I'd need at least 12 people to make it worthwhile - the issue being ordering in the polycarbonate to make up the rest of the blocks without paying silly amounts for a very small batch of poly. I have about 5 people who have already expressed interest since I closed the second batch.

Another interesting thing I've found is that the blocks in the UK would technically be classified as "fine jewellery" due to the purity and amount of silver used. Apparantly the blocks sent to the UK should carry an official "silver-mark" chop or something. I don't know too much about it, but someone at a UK forum brought it up.

that would be a hallmark i believe... not just in the UK either...
http://info.goldavenue.com/Info_site/in_jewe/in_je_hall.htm
http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/pdf1/hallmarks.pdf

wouldn't need to be assayed and hallmarked if imported to the UK (oh to have the chance...) but someone offering them for sale in the UK could not legally describe them as being wholely or partly made of silver) cascadeSS would be fine, but a question as to what the "SS" stood for couldn't be answered in a way that implied that there was silver involved :rolleyes:

what's the best way of expressing an interest?...

sold ill buy one PM me with prices ect and shipping even tho it will take u a while i guess i got $$ stacked up and its BURNING BURING AHH

EDIT: thats not bad at all hhm got me thinking...how much would it help my current setup??? insted of a maze4

If it was op to me, he could charge me a bit more.
If only he would start producing cascade SS again.
I have some of the best wc-equipment and it screams SSssSSssSS......

I dont think anyone who would want a SS would have a problem with paying more. For such an amazing piece of work its really not alot to ask.

That is soo true...when it comes down to the outstanding quality and workmanship, people will pay more for the Cascade SS :)

so tiil now, we have:
1. Halo_Master(me)
2. 9mmCensor
3. capmuffin
4. pauldenton
5. infinity9
6. Veilo
7. thegame
8. Cerberus2k7
9. Kxrwireless
10. VAdept
11. The PATRIOT
12. SeifeR
13. GodMadtruck
14. Veilo

The last two pm'ed me at proforums, and can't seem to register at overclockers forum.They will be emailing Cathar themselves though.

Not bad for 12 hours.

Want to say again, this list is my initiative, i have no special strings attached to cathar. Everyone on this list should email Cathar themselves. I am just giving a summary.And this doesn't mean you will get a cascade SS for certain, just letting Cathar know there still is a lot of interest.

Last edited:
Back