• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cascade SS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Now if I could just sell my friggin video card I would have 90% of the payment! Then it wouldnt hit me so hard while I get the rest of my parts. :D

Wow - I'm honestly surprised by the amount of interest.

Okay, here's the catch. As many of you are probably aware I'm working on the Cascade XXX, being a refinement of the Cascade design. Now the XXX is a proof of concept block and I hope to have the first working copper prototype sometime next week.

The XXX's are not cheap at all to make. I had no intention of ever offering them for sale, however since there's so much interest in the (highly priced) SS blocks, I will consider offering them as an option for those who want to pay the premium.

Right now we (the machinists and I) are basically working out the mechanics of getting the XXX made with a couple of false starts already.

I simply don't have the time now to put towards making a batch of waterblocks, even a small one, while I'm trying to get the XXX off the ground. I really want to get this XXX thing up and running first and assess its performance. The XXX has the added bonus of requiring less silver than the SS, so some of the extra machining cost will be offset by the reduction in weight of silver required to make it.

So how's this then. Give me 4-6 weeks to get the XXX concept off the ground. I'll post results here and I intend on sending one to Phaestus over at Procooling.com for independent review. Then we can revisit.

In case people are wondering, XXX stands for a near 3x increase in the number of jets (149 vs 52), and an overall rough cubic increase in density of the design.

Well if you make an XXX batch I'm definately up for one, remember me if I miss the interest topic. I think you'll find a fair number of people that wanted an SS in the past either missed the thread or were financially challenged at that time ;)

There's just no describing the magnitude of my anticipation of the XXX. I'd definately like to jump on this happy wagon and join the others here :). Please count me in :drool: .

Cathar said:
Wow - I'm honestly surprised by the amount of interest.

Okay, here's the catch. As many of you are probably aware I'm working on the Cascade XXX, being a refinement of the Cascade design. Now the XXX is a proof of concept block and I hope to have the first working copper prototype sometime next week.

The XXX's are not cheap at all to make. I had no intention of ever offering them for sale, however since there's so much interest in the (highly priced) SS blocks, I will consider offering them as an option for those who want to pay the premium.

Right now we (the machinists and I) are basically working out the mechanics of getting the XXX made with a couple of false starts already.

I simply don't have the time now to put towards making a batch of waterblocks, even a small one, while I'm trying to get the XXX off the ground. I really want to get this XXX thing up and running first and assess its performance. The XXX has the added bonus of requiring less silver than the SS, so some of the extra machining cost will be offset by the reduction in weight of silver required to make it.

So how's this then. Give me 4-6 weeks to get the XXX concept off the ground. I'll post results here and I intend on sending one to Phaestus over at Procooling.com for independent review. Then we can revisit.

In case people are wondering, XXX stands for a near 3x increase in the number of jets (149 vs 52), and an overall rough cubic increase in density of the design.

OK Cathar, thanks a lot and we'll see in 4 to 6 weeks.

Ignore my PM Cathar as I would rather wait for the XXX, possibly in silver :)

Will the XXX have the ability to mount to an Athlon64 rig?

what RickCain said.

and can you try to work in a 5/8" inlet barb? since (a lot) some of us are going to 5/8" tube?

edit: if im going to spend BIG ($) on a WB, think im not runnen BIG tube?...:drool: 3/4" inlet :drool:....

Last edited:
How about u guys send him Donations of like 10 bucks to help him gain some of his mony back from the SS and make them worth his while?? IF 15-20 of u do that then there is 200 bucks for hime that he can use to start the XXX or do with what he wants. Like a Cathar fund raiser?? For the XXX and the SS. That would also bring a lot of ppl on board that want one also. Just some thoughts but yeah i think that it would be great if we all sent hime some money for this cause i mean as he just had a kid and these blocks cost big$$$$ to make and he has been so nice to everyone.

That would be stealling an idea. I think Cathars goal was to make a wb that out performed all of those. Mny ppl are already complaing because the RBX is very close in desing and temps most of the time. But the SS is much better as it is hand made!!! Some ppl opt for the RBX though?!?! o well

Back