• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cascade SS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
vonkaar said:

I have to ask...
If this is your first water-cooled system, isn't the SS a little overkill?
I dont think so... Ill have a couple of new parts as soon as I start to work and I think the SS will perform great.
TheNewGuy

It's never overkill to do your research and get the parts you like most. It spares you the NoOb pains of seeing that old gear sitting in a drawer unused once you come to your senses. :D

And Happy B-Day, Vonkaar! :bday:

Diggrr said:
It's never overkill to do your research and get the parts you like most. It spares you the NoOb pains of seeing that old gear sitting in a drawer unused once you come to your senses. :D
Yeah thats what I thought when I decided to buy one, I was thinking it would be a great way to start in the water cooling, And heres what cathar told me about the difference 3 barbs make
The 3-barbs ever so slightly improves performance, but we're talking on a minute
scale that is definitely within my margins of measurement error, so my public
stance is that the block performs the same with 2 or 3 barbs. The 3-barb option
has slightly lower flow resistance (~5%) and I am happy to do a 3-barb version
for you.

my Casscade ss "kit" arrived yesterday too :) I managed to just get on the end of the last batch. I also got other tops so it could be used on any current top end CPU....thanks Cathar ;)

You guys make mine feel so, well, gruesome with it's brass barbs... Hey Cathar, where are my nickel plated barbs? :D

block.jpg

Now we just need WB's made out of a solid piece of diamond. :D
I wonder if fabricated diamond has the same thermal properties as the real stuff....

Yes it might be best if Cathar did answer especially as these were intended to be the last batch. Of course it needs to be taken into account that the price of the pure silver used was a large percentage of the cost factor, and this would be a little variable depending on what Cathar could get the amount required for at that time. I just can't wait untill someone seeing my future cascade system comments it's bad to mix copper & aluminium :p

Back