• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cascade SS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just a quick question. How thick is the G4? Currently I'm running a watercooled chilli professional case which puts the psu right above the cpu. My maze 3 has shortened straight barbs and then shortened 90s to get the hoses out of there (Barely fits). Look salmost like I'd have to put 90s right on the block (be hard as the inlet/oulet are close) because of the thickness.

Once we have a green light on the availability date, do we simply e-mail the address on the LR website to place an order?

Cathar on Overclockers Australia Forums said:
I'll update the web-site this weekend and begin accepting requests by email on Monday 20th.

:thup: :drool: :thup:

EDIT:

as for the SILVER (G5) STORM...

chugga15 on Overclockers Australia Forums said:
i hate to bring it up, but what is happening with the silver blocks?

Cathar on Overclockers Australia Forums said:
Plans and some plates are being dropped off on Friday. They will get prototyped in the next 2-4 weeks or so.

:attn: :drool: :attn:

Last edited:
computerpro3 said:
I wonder when we'll be able to pre-order the silver blocks? I'm not missing out again...

From Cascade website......

Q: What's the deal with the silver Storm/G5?

I expect to receive the first prototypes for the Storm/G5 back from the machinists in around 2-4 weeks time. After that time I will be assessing its availability.

I did a search of the thread and didn't find this mentioned, so....

Cathar, I know the internals are classified, but will it work well with a pelt (please God?). I know the old Cascade's didn't, and from the jet pics, the new g5's theoritically won't work well either, but I want to make sure. So is it a no or a go?

computerpro3 said:
I did a search of the thread and didn't find this mentioned, so....

Cathar, I know the internals are classified, but will it work well with a pelt (please God?). I know the old Cascade's didn't, and from the jet pics, the new g5's theoritically won't work well either, but I want to make sure. So is it a no or a go?
No, not designed for a pelt.

They don't make pure silver maze 4's. This rig is gonna be a showcase pc. What about a silver top so the plexi won't crack if I waterchill it? I know it would raise the price a lot but is a solid top being considered?

Back