• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

40 WU's per day.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
all i can say to you guys with all the kickass setups is *drool*
and Tim :13 cpus
rockin!!!!
well back to my little 1(yes only 1) duron
:)
3 WU's a day will have to do,till i actually get a job
rofl

as for epox ,i am running an old kt133 board
KTA2 ,and have never had any problems with it
(cept when i fried it,a cpu and a ps all in one go!!) but that was my fault.
i find their bios and driver updates up to scratch too.
over here in Aus ,abit and asus and the like are rather expensive(like all computer gear)
so epox is my recommendation on a price/performace comparison

well thats my $.02 worth
:)

TC said:

You know I think people that are into overclocking are also interested in other similar pass times. For instance I'm in the IT field, but landscaping is a hobby of mine. I bought an F250 Superduty with the 7.3 litre turbo diesel to carry stuff around. I couldn't leave it alone for long. Now it's not all jacked up like a red neck, but I did modify the engine. It's easy to get computer chips that modify the stock program to add power. It's also easier to do this with diesels than gas engines. Anyway I hot rodded mine up to 345 HP and 620 ft/lbs of torque. I get some puzzled expressions when people in sports cars try to cut me off, and they get left behind. It's no mustang of course, but 0-60 in 7.9 seconds for a truck that weighs 8,000 pounds empty isn't shabby.

A buddy of mine who is also in the IT field enjoyed racing motorcycles when he was younger. All of this seems to tie together - a need to tinker no matter what you're dealing with.

I think that you are right. I have always been interested in computers and I just got into the IS field with my first job. I also love cars. I race mine and have several mods myself. I street race it all the time. I live in a sorta Well to Do area and their is nothing better than dusting a YUPPY in his brand new porsche. What was that a Buick that just pasted me? UMM YEP! Nice truck BTW...I almost lost my undefeated title to a truck. Those modify lightnings are quick. Good thing I got a Supercharger or I would be dusted.

I've got my epox 8K7A+ mobo running on a enermax EG465p-VE(d) this is the newest revision with the 44 amps on the 5v rail, along with the 2.2 amps on the 5vsb lead.. I've had no probems so far running my mobo with this power supply Usually have 5v readings in the 4.93 to 4.91 range crunching seti using motherboard monitor , then again I'm running a pretty bare system 1 52x speed cd rom, 1 floppy, 1 30 gig Ibm Deskstar harddrive, and 2 80mm case fans and the thermalright sk6.. I'm about to buy 2 more of these motherboards to replace my asus motherboard It's getting killed by the epox in seti times,lol like 25-30 minutes faster on the average wu as well as being overclocked at a lower clock speed asus is @ 1595.. epox is at 1475 Just wonderin.. Will I run into these same problems as everyone else if I decide to use a Epox 8K7A+ as my main system with these devices installed..
Hercules prophet 2 Geforce 2 ultra
soundblaster live platinum 5.1
kenwood 72x cd rom
yamaha cdrw 16x10x40
Ls-120 (super Disk)
Floppy a:
2 raided 60 gb Ibm Deskstars 60gXP's
4 80mm case fans
1 80mm Delta on my Swiftech 462
I know this is a lot of stuff for a power supply to handle especially along with powering the cpu with a Vcore above 2.0 I'm just wondering If I'm going to run into problems with the "5v rail"
Thanks guys

Sir-Epix said:
Nice truck BTW...I almost lost my undefeated title to a truck. Those modify lightnings are quick. Good thing I got a Supercharger or I would be dusted.

Thanks. Yep the new lightning is pretty fast from what I've seen. I wonder what it would be like with nitrous. There are some insane mods on the diesel trucks. I haven't done this to mine, but apparently you can use propane on a diesel the same way nitrous works on a gas engine. There was a guy on another web site I read that did this. He already had a TS Performance 130 HP chip, then he added the propane kit from some company called Bully Dog. He had some other mods - larger turbo, 5 inch down pipe and exhaust, and some others I can't remember. He was getting figures like 700 HP and nearly 1000 ft/lbs. Of course his drivetrain is not stock. The factory auto can't take that kind of power. The only way he could make test runs at a track was to use 4X4. Personally I don't think it will be long before he blows the heads off that thing!

toomnymods said:
Will I run into these same problems as everyone else if I decide to use a Epox 8K7A+ as my main system with these devices installed

I've got all three of mine paired up with the older Enermax 350 watt. I hadn't even heard about this problem until a couple days ago. I've never had a problem with mine, but then again they're all about as empty as you could get - just a hard drive, video, and nic - case open so no fans going. I would think you'd be fine with the new power supply.

Yeah... I've often wondered about that myself... I tinker... have restored more than 3 old VWs... which is why I like air-cooling for both my cars & CPUs.. :) I have a 69 Karmann Ghia (restored) that I am breaking out this week to clean up & start driving...

I also play blues guitar... like to hot rod Marshall tube amps... (I have a custom cabinet 100watt JCM MarkIII I play on now that toured with Pat Benitar's husband/guitarist Neal Gerardo in the 80s)... I modify new effects & collect vintage whatever...

All goes with overclocking.... more, better, faster... and perhaps rarer... LOL :D

Kris

TC said:
I didn't know the 1.4 MP's were out yet. I'll have to check that out. BTW the 8K7A is the only Epox board I've ever used. I really didn't know anything about them until I tried this mobo. I've been very impressed, especially given the price. There have been quite a few reports of voltage problems lately, but I haven't seen this at all. I have Enermax 350's running with each of mine, and no problems yet. Let me know how you like yours.

Found out today that the 1.4's will not be available until mid September. The vendor that I ordered it from did not state that on their web site. Changed the order to a 1.2 and it won't be here until Monday.
Oh well.

TOP 50 by New Years.
500,000 WU's by Valentines Day.

I work in the Computer Field and have a nice Truck to tinker with :) I think those of you who are into high performance trucks might recognize my baby :) I eat Ford Lightnings for lunch and SS 454 :D Its a 92 GMC Syclone 4wd 4wheel anti lock disc brakes 4.3l Turbo Charged and Inter Cooled with 13 psi of Boost had 335 hp just a month ago now has 410 hp with 19 psi Boost Now. :D 0 to 60 in 4.5 to 5.1 seconds :D I love to overclock computer and cars. I have a 71 Type 1 VW Bug with a bone stock 1584 (1600 cc) motor in it. I want a Karmann Ghia as well. They were hand made to some degree as I recall. Slap a 1835 cc with a Turbo ohh lord look out :) Talk about a power to weight ratio to drool over.

Maestro

Last edited:
yep... every Karmann Ghia was hand made @ Karmann Coachworks for VW... as a restorer, hand made is a REAL pain to duplicate... because of very subtle, yet perceptable differences in how parts fit together, etc...

I love my ghia... it went from VERY custom to bone-stock... I will have to post pics here..

Kris

Maestro said:
I work in the Computer Field and have a nice Truck to tinker with :) I think those of you who are into high performance trucks might recognize my baby :)
Maestro

Yeah man I recognize that ;) Not too many on the road around here, but I sure remember when they came out. Some smokin fast times too. No way I could ever pull that with the weight of my truck. I'm getting about 345 HP 620 torque at 29 psi boost, but my truck weighs about 7,990 with a full tank of gas and me in it. Diesels just weigh too much. I think the International T444E weighs about 1400 wet with all accy. Of course I can add on a 14,000 pound trailer and still beat a lot of cars :D Here's me and the rig. Probably had a server in the bed at the time LOL. Gotta overclock everything. I need to soup up my lawnmower next :D

truck2.jpg

Ya know TC i'm right along with ya about the big truck fetish. I bought a 2000 f-250 with the 7.3 liter. gawd i love that truck, no mods yet cause i'm still submitting resumes around the nation, heh. but with am/fm/cassette/cd. leather seats extended cab, fifth wheel mount in the bed. I raced a gas powered f-250 yesterday. whooped his arse. got on the line, i held the brake, started the diesel up and just let her rip. it was like i was racing a kid on his bicycle. i couldn't believe. so as soon as i start not worrying about my $500 a month truck payment i'll get mine up there next to yours one day.

Everyone talking about thier rides.. hehe :p Guess I'll have to explain my nickname " Toomnymods" This was given to me about 6 years ago from my old car club called Visual Perfection, during that time I was in that club I had the lowest, loudest (from subwoofers not engine, hehe) and cleanest looking ride I spent close to 18,000 just in modifications alone.. About 5,000 in body mods to include Frenching the antenae, shaved the doorhandles, the squirters, the bed seams, cab seams, Integrated a custom 92' Toyata bumper /w a custom billet phantom grilles, shaved the turn signals, the sidemarkers, and even welded shut the bed and added a rollpan w/ custom lights.. another 4,500 in suspension mods Chrome 4-link, airbagged on all 4 corners for maximum adjustability ( the truck sat flat on the frame when the air was released from the airbags!! :p This truck rode smoother than a 50,000 dollar caddy with this suspension and the rest of the 9,000.. hehe you guessed it One kick *** rockin Stereo system.. It had 3 Phoenix Gold amps, 1 Phoenix gold 15 band eq (15 bands for left channel, 15 bands for right channel) 8 12" Phoenix Gold X-max woofers and about 1,200 bucks worth of wiring and interconnects to wire it all together from.. You guessed it Phoenix Gold up front I had 4 Mb quart 5 1/4"s and 4 tweeters.. This truck simply stomped the competion when it came to body mods and sound.. I've got dozens of trophys from usac, and iasca events as well as car show events.. the truck constantly hit 154db sometimes up to 156 in outlaw spl.. Well here are the pics listed down below.. :p

Last edited:
LuKE said:
Ya know TC i'm right along with ya about the big truck fetish. I bought a 2000 f-250 with the 7.3 liter. gawd i love that truck, no mods yet cause i'm still submitting resumes around the nation, heh. but with am/fm/cassette/cd. leather seats extended cab, fifth wheel mount in the bed. I raced a gas powered f-250 yesterday. whooped his arse. got on the line, i held the brake, started the diesel up and just let her rip. it was like i was racing a kid on his bicycle. i couldn't believe. so as soon as i start not worrying about my $500 a month truck payment i'll get mine up there next to yours one day.

Wanna race :) J/k

Maestro

TC said:

Yeah man I recognize that ;) Not too many on the road around here, but I sure remember when they came out. Some smokin fast times too. No way I could ever pull that with the weight of my truck. I'm getting about 345 HP 620 torque at 29 psi boost, but my truck weighs about 7,990 with a full tank of gas and me in it. Diesels just weigh too much. I think the International T444E weighs about 1400 wet with all accy. Of course I can add on a 14,000 pound trailer and still beat a lot of cars :D Here's me and the rig. Probably had a server in the bed at the time LOL. Gotta overclock everything. I need to soup up my lawnmower next :D

truck2.jpg

Now that is a mans truck. A stump pullin motha ! You got torque out the arse. Nice Nice !!! I bet that puppy was about 25k and up.

Maestro

Maestro said:

That Truck is slammed to the ground. Its all the rage out here in Cali !! Nice Truck !!

Maestro

not bad not bad if i can find my digital i will show you my ride i am willing to race...:burn:

Back