• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

40 WU's per day.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chawken

Well, this is only a small brag - I haven't caught up with TC's 45 WU's per day - but I'm getting there. On Friday 8/3 at 4pm I was at 2770, and I just turned in my 2890th WU - 120 WU's in just under 72 hrs.

Hoping that by the end of the month to have 3 more rigs up and running SETI - as soon as vendors get the ABIT KG-7 raid board.

I hope I'm not stepping on toes (Kris), forgive me if it is so.

250,000 WU's...................08/08/01
500,000 WU's approx.......01/31/02

Top 50 by Xmas.

Happy crunching.

I still can't understand how that many a day is possiable. i mean i'm lucky to three or four. neone mind telling me what i'm doing that is so wrong?

LuKE said:
I still can't understand how that many a day is possiable. i mean i'm lucky to three or four. neone mind telling me what i'm doing that is so wrong?

I have a bit of an advantage. I have 8 rigs running SETI.

ABIT KT7A [email protected] 384mb VC133
ABIT KT7A [email protected] 256mb VC133
ABIT KT7A [email protected] 256mb VC133
ABIT TH7 [email protected] 256mb PC800
Iwill KA266 [email protected] 256mb PC2100
MSI K7T266 [email protected] 256mb PC2100
MSI K7 Master [email protected] 256mb PC2100
Tyan Dual Palamino 1.0ghz 512mb PC2100 registered.

TC is also running quite a few rigs.

When I was a teenager, it was cars that everyone was hopping up. Now its PC's. The one on top is my home PC, it took about a month to build with all the case mods that I did to it.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Drool.......

That is a SETI farm. >picking a penny and dropping it into the saving box for an Iwill DVD-266R, 2 256 Mushkin 2100 High Performance DRAM, one PIII 850E, Enermax 451 PSU<

Mictlan said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Drool.......

That is a SETI farm. >picking a penny and dropping it into the saving box for an Iwill DVD-266R, 2 256 Mushkin 2100 High Performance DRAM, one PIII 850E, Enermax 451 PSU<

I am extremely disappointed with my Iwill setup. It's performance isn't as good as the ABIT boards. My best outfit is the KT7A-Raid [email protected]. It outperforms the TH7 P4 [email protected].

Right now I am waiting for the ABIT KG7-Raid mobo. Already have the Mushkin PC2400 (300mhz) DDR, and Tbird 1.4 waiting for it. I plan on overclocking the crap out of it.

I don't like my Iwill KK either. Best DDR board I've seen so far is the Epox. Maybe that's why I bought three at once :D

chawken said:

I am extremely disappointed with my Iwill setup. It's performance isn't as good as the ABIT boards. My best outfit is the KT7A-Raid [email protected]. It outperforms the TH7 P4 [email protected].

Right now I am waiting for the ABIT KG7-Raid mobo. Already have the Mushkin PC2400 (300mhz) DDR, and Tbird 1.4 waiting for it. I plan on overclocking the crap out of it.

How does the PC2400 perform? Can you post its memory settings at different FSB? It's a lot cheaper (40 bucks) than the High Performance 2100, so I'm very curious.....

TC said:
I don't like my Iwill KK either. Best DDR board I've seen so far is the Epox. Maybe that's why I bought three at once :D

I was thinking about trying the Epox board. Maybe I'll put one together, in the next week or so.
My personal machine, though, I plan to upgrade from a KT7A-raid to the KG7-Raid. My old mobo will replace my wifes BX133-Raid board PIII 1.0 @ 1.103(147 @ 7.5). Intel machines just don't do SETI nearly as well as AMD. The only Intel that I now have crunching is a P4 1.5 @ 1.68. It is real good on the average angle and high angle AR's - but a major disappointment on the VLAR's.

Ok, where the hell did they hide the spell checker?

Mictlan said:

How does the PC2400 perform? Can you post its memory settings at different FSB? It's a lot cheaper (40 bucks) than the High Performance 2100, so I'm very curious.....

Sorry, I bought it for the KG7 board, it is still sitting in the box of parts waiting. I haven't tried it yet. My other DDR systems are PC2100 and I have some trouble overclocking the fsb much above 136. But as soon as I do try it, I'll let you know.

I've got a couple sticks of Corsair 2400. On the Epox I can get it up to 175 @ 8882222. I believe the sisoft memory score is about 975/1033. I can drop the timings to 888332.53 and get it up to 185, but the score is not as good. I've got some cheap Mushkin 2100 sticks, and they won't even post at 160. Micron 2100 will do 166 with slow timings.

TC said:
I've got a couple sticks of Corsair 2400. On the Epox I can get it up to 175 @ 8882222. I believe the sisoft memory score is about 975/1033. I can drop the timings to 888332.53 and get it up to 185, but the score is not as good. I've got some cheap Mushkin 2100 sticks, and they won't even post at 160. Micron 2100 will do 166 with slow timings.

Tim, what kind of cooling are you using on the Epox with the MP chip?

Thermalright SK6 with delta fan. The MP's don't overclock too well - yet that is. I suppose their yields will improve. I got it up to 1600 with a vapochill, but I had to sell that system :( The MP's are well worth the money for Seti boxes. The one I have @ 1400 does almost as well as a 2GHz P4 i.e. low 3 hour times, once in a while high 2 hour with a high AR. Probably about as good as the older core would perform around 1800.

chawken said:
When I was a teenager, it was cars that everyone was hopping up. Now its PC's. The one on top is my home PC, it took about a month to build with all the case mods that I did to it.

You know I think people that are into overclocking are also interested in other similar pass times. For instance I'm in the IT field, but landscaping is a hobby of mine. I bought an F250 Superduty with the 7.3 litre turbo diesel to carry stuff around. I couldn't leave it alone for long. Now it's not all jacked up like a red neck, but I did modify the engine. It's easy to get computer chips that modify the stock program to add power. It's also easier to do this with diesels than gas engines. Anyway I hot rodded mine up to 345 HP and 620 ft/lbs of torque. I get some puzzled expressions when people in sports cars try to cut me off, and they get left behind. It's no mustang of course, but 0-60 in 7.9 seconds for a truck that weighs 8,000 pounds empty isn't shabby.

A buddy of mine who is also in the IT field enjoyed racing motorcycles when he was younger. All of this seems to tie together - a need to tinker no matter what you're dealing with.

thats awsome stuff u guys got there...i am like doing 1 WU in about 7.5hours now low 3hours would be awsome its like 2x better then i can handle over here....and u guys with like 5+computer folding/SETI crunching how can u afford the extra cooling u gota have teh A/C doing and the surplus of electricty going thru those things i can only immagin the bill being thru the roof unless its being done at your work. i gota A7V(old skool version) with 1Ghz tbird at 1.1Ghz for now and getting soo bad is there a way i can get some more power out my computer would formatting help out i need to bad booting takes a while and now i cant shut down my computer it just sits there when it gets outa windows so i am guessing i gota quite i problem on my hands my next computer for sure is goign to be Dual CPU but intill then how can i get some more of a boost outa my computer since i am at the max multiplier and FSB that my 250watt powersupply can handle with out rebooting on its own at random?

GuNRocK said:
is there a way i can get some more power out my computer would formatting help out i need to bad booting takes a while and now i cant shut down my computer it just sits there when it gets outa windows so i am guessing i gota quite i problem on my hands my next computer for sure is goign to be Dual CPU but intill then how can i get some more of a boost outa my computer since i am at the max multiplier and FSB that my 250watt powersupply can handle with out rebooting on its own at random?

First I would suggest your next "upgrade" be a better power supply. Even basic GHz+ Athlon boxes need more than a 250 watt psu - particularly when you're overclocking. You can squeeze by on 250 sometimes, but it's generally asking for problems, and believe me, power supply problems can make it appear as though you have any number of other problems, when in reality it's lack of adequate clean power.

As for the other problems you're having, I would just bite it and perform a clean install. Back up your data, fdisk, format, and install from scratch.

Let us know what you do, and how it turns out.

chawken said:

My personal machine, though, I plan to upgrade from a KT7A-raid to the KG7-Raid. My old mobo will replace my wifes BX133-Raid board PIII 1.0 @ 1.103(147 @ 7.5). Intel machines just don't do SETI nearly as well as AMD. The only Intel that I now have crunching is a P4 1.5 @ 1.68. It is real good on the average angle and high angle AR's - but a major disappointment on the VLAR's.

Ok, where the hell did they hide the spell checker?

Intel machines are good, well at least mine. My box is running a 850E@977 an its crunching a normal angle range WU in 6.25 h and a low angle WU in 9.15 h (I've gotten a lot of them lately). I have compared it with the times some of u are getting and an Athon 1GHz is crunching a WU in 5.5-6 h with DDR RAM :p

So, I'll stay with Intel, buy myself an Iwill DVD266-R, another 850E and run them with DDR, and get 6-8 WU per day.

TC said:
Thermalright SK6 with delta fan. The MP's don't overclock too well - yet that is. I suppose their yields will improve. I got it up to 1600 with a vapochill, but I had to sell that system :( The MP's are well worth the money for Seti boxes. The one I have @ 1400 does almost as well as a 2GHz P4 i.e. low 3 hour times, once in a while high 2 hour with a high AR. Probably about as good as the older core would perform around 1800.

Well, I'm going to give the Epox a shot. Ordered one this morning with Corsair PC2400 and a 1.4 MP. I've been kind of prejudice against Epox for a long time - in the old days they were in the same class as the DFI and Intel boards. Should have everything by Thursday and have it all ready by Friday.

I didn't know the 1.4 MP's were out yet. I'll have to check that out. BTW the 8K7A is the only Epox board I've ever used. I really didn't know anything about them until I tried this mobo. I've been very impressed, especially given the price. There have been quite a few reports of voltage problems lately, but I haven't seen this at all. I have Enermax 350's running with each of mine, and no problems yet. Let me know how you like yours.

Back