• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoldenTiger

I just got a Mushkin 2-2-2 Special 1gig (2x512mb) Dual Pack... how high could I expect this to go with the 2.95-3v that an Abit NF7-S puts out? Also, is that a good board? The AN-7 and DFI Infinity seem to have major problems of their own, so the NF7-S looks pretty attractive to me, despite lacking 3.2-3.3v vdimm options (I wish there were a GOOD board with those options!). Would this be a good move? My current board in this computer just can't handle higher FSB's, even with increased VDD used in the BIOS :(.

The board might be more of a limiting factor in your case - NF7's coming out these days aren't clocking terribly well in the FSB range, but there are a few tweaks that'll help you remedy that. They're all over the Abit section under Motherboards.

You can probably expect at least 210+ @ 2-2-2-11 with those sticks, but as you know, no one can stay for sure.

Yeah, from what I've read, the 2-2-2 Special is good stuff... I just need to make sure the motherboard I'm planning on getting is going to be up to snuff now :).

If you're referring to my old system (I just removed it from sig since I just changed it significantly and am still working out the OC on it), it was a Buffalo PC3700 BH-5 stick, not at PC3700 speeds, 2-2-2-6.

Back