• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unable to copy & paste files?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twist

Hello,

It seems I can't copy and paste files at all! I can copy and paste text, images, everything else, but I can't seem to copy & paste files. I can't even cut & paste files! It seems like something in the registry was changed, as when I right click, I can see "Copy" and "cut" but when I go to the "File" menu in explorer, no copy/cut/paste menu items are available. I'm great with computers, but this stumped me.

Please, any help?!

edit: duh, forgot my windows version: Windows 2000.

Last edited:
Twist said:
Hello,

It seems I can't copy and paste files at all! I can copy and paste text, images, everything else, but I can't seem to copy & paste files. I can't even cut & paste files! It seems like something in the registry was changed, as when I right click, I can see "Copy" and "cut" but when I go to the "File" menu in explorer, no copy/cut/paste menu items are available. I'm great with computers, but this stumped me.

Please, any help?!

edit: duh, forgot my windows version: Windows 2000.

Those options aren't in the "File" Menu, they are in the "Edit" menu. Maybe that is what you meant?

Doh, yes, that's what I meant. But that still doesn't explain why I can't copy & paste files.

Go figure, I had a trojan. Lucky for me, I have a router, so the trojan would not work. Damn trojans :mad:

Back