• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jace_4

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the fourms, so...Hey!
I got a few questions about upgrading my computer.
But beware, I'm gunna sound like a major n00b,but here goes.
I wanna upgrade my 1001Mhz Athlon to somthing more current.

1)Is there anything else I need to buy besides a Mobo, CPU, and memory to do the upgrade???

2)I was looking at the XP 3200+ Bartons, but is there any other suggestions on the CPU, like the XP mobile?

3)I also need a mobo (which is why Im posting here),and I wanna stick to ASUS cause I've heard they are good quality.

4)And I want an NForce chipset...but what do I know, thats why I'm asking you guy's

I'm not looking for the top of the line, but I want in the mid-range (not looking to spend the money on the Athlon64's).

So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jace_4

one thing,
I was looking around newegg and I see the just for the CPU,
the Athlon 64 3000+ is for 8 dollars more, thats a slower speed, same cache, but there's the 64-bit....
whatever, I wanna know what the overclockers think.

Jace_4

Check my sig for specs with A7n8x board. I like it. But, if I were buying now...I would go for the DFI board, you can get a lot more fsb.

Back