• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me decide on a new HD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vietp13

well ya my 80gb maxtor went pooof... so basically i need your help on deciding a harddrive. well im planning on to but 120-160gb hd.. so can you guys give me few brands thats good sturdy and reliable and price is a little bit of a matter of issue also

Any drive is only as good as it's warranty.The fluid bearings are pretty quiet and cause less heat.My old ball bearing Maxtors are like hot plates and the newer fluid ones are cool to the touch.

Western Digital 160Gb is what I would get.
The price differnce isn't great enough to justify not getting a 160Gb over a 120Gb IMO
And I would get a Maxtor but their RMA policy is a little more strict and ahrder to deal with than WD's.
SATA if you have the stuff for it or don't mind spending a little, but remember htat it can be harder to install an OS onto an SATA drive if you don't have native SATA.

bah... i like a hassle free life and my limits around 100 bucks so i just go ata wd 120jb one, thanks for the advise guys

Back