• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooled Rig (Pics!!!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bluediamond

I started with just the Exos (which I was pleased with the temps I got), but I wanted more. Here is my setup now:

Exos Loop (1/4" Tubing): Exos->GPU->HD's->Exos

Custom Loop (3/8" Tubing): Eheim 1250->T-Line->D-Tek Pro Core Radiator->CPU->NB->Eheim 1250

My cpu temps are now at 29 degrees idle and 34 degrees load.

Attachments

• dsc01751.jpg
    dsc01751.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 547
I did paint the inside myself. I used "automotive" spray paint instead of the cheap stuff from home depot. The paint was black metal flake. The only downside to using the auto paint is that it smelled a lot worse then normal spray paint.

Looks great!!!

What kind of automotive paint did you use?? The kind that comes in the aerasol(sp?) cans?? or did you use an air compressor?

Also, did you prime before or clear coat after? And do you have any problems with scratching?

Once again, nice job.

The paint that I used was in the areasol can. I first did a few coats with black sandable primer and sanded well between each coat. Then I put on very light coats of paint and lightly sanded between each coat. There are 3 coats of primer and 6 coats of paint (very light on each coat). I didn't use any clear coat and scratching hasn't been a problem yet.

Welcome to the forums btw.

Great job!
I have mine painted black on the inside too, although it's a flat finish. I recommend that you put in some UV cold cathodes because as I found out it really makes your water lines stand out. Gotta use UV dye though.

What fluid are you using?

I do have uv lights in the case, I still need to get some uv dye though. I use 95/5 distilled water and water wetter and a few drops of blue food coloring for the blue tint.

Back