• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 Post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lat

I got a new rig last month, that had a P4P800, 2.4C D1, Ti4200, 2x256 ddr400, etc.

I had it o/ced the entire month at 250x12 with the 5:4 divider.

Today I was just on my comp and surfing the net, and the display disappeared.

Turned off the power and rebooted, no post.

Reseated the hsf, no post.

Tried many times again, I posted ONCE but the display disappeared right after the post, and after that it didn't post again.

Removed everything, only had vid card, cpu, and one stick of ram in there, and it still wouldn't post. (Yes i remembered to plug in the +12v line)

Took out the battery, and cleared the cmos, still no post.

Tried a diff PSU, no post.

It still doesn't post, and i'm extremely fustrated

I doubt it's the cpu (i may be wrong), it's not the video because i swapped cards to try it, and i'm pretty sure it's not the ram (i tried both sticks alone).

And i don't think i can RMA it because i took off the nb hs and applied some as5 =(

Anybody have any clue what the problem could be?

Edit: I forgot to mention, when it doesn't post, all fans and the standby LED go on, but the leds beside the lan plug don't light up, and my optical mouse/keyboard don't turn on.

Last edited:
Sounds like a dead cpu to me. If it powers on and all the fans spin up and so does the HD it's either the cpu or mobo. That's all you have left that could cause the issue you are having. HTH...Trapper

Lat said:

And i don't think i can RMA it because i took off the nb hs and applied some as5 =(

if you can put the original nb cooling than there shouldn't be any problem with RMA.

about the malfunction ... after all the checks you've done it seems like a mobo issue. ido not reaaly know if what i'll suggest is right, but did you tru to power on the pc without the vga card, without ram?
for example: if you'll remove the ram and the board won't beep as it should in this case then it's mobo or cpu.

yup, without the vid card and ram it still won't beep

i guess i'll try to find a p4 to test it, and if it still doesn't work, i'll RMA the mobo

thanks guys

sounds like your agp could be the problem i just got the same board and had to bring it back because the agp would crash as soon as i would play a game.put all my hardware in my amd sig worked fine so i know it was the agp.dont know if that is an issue with these boards i hope not

Back