• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xeon@4ghz on air!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

that was a factor for me when and while i still am - considering a dual set up - opteron of Xeon - then i saw how people can O/C xeons like mad!

wow, thats amazing... ill take it that pci agp can be locked on xeons? (for some reason i thought it couldn't)

Rev 1.04 and 1.05 with 10004 BIOS on PC-DL allows fixed AGP and PCI whilst overclocking - so does the new Iwill DH800.... :)

Thats why we are aiming for 800FSB - to improve the std memory bandwidth. Some members have reached 250Mhz DDR500....
As this board is basically a P4C-800E we can hope for similar bandwidth to that, only we have 2 processors accessing the RAM :rolleyes:

@Mr Guvernment - yes, from the results AMD are getting it looks that way, I have heard rumours Intel are considering it.
The down side is of course having to redesign the memory controller on the chip every time a new type of RAM comes about - P4 would have needed different variants of CPU to use SD, DDR and RDRAM, which would have been inefficent for Intel costs!
If Intel are adopting DDR2 for the forseeable future then it could be possible to base the next designs on that standard..

Back