• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Download Link -- CPU MSR (AMD UTILITY)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
First, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!!!

Second, thanks for the link! I may have to try that out, if I can change my clock speed in windows without having to do the mobile mod to the chip that would be awsome!

Im an underclocker/overclocker, I change my clock speed around alot depending on how my temps are, if I want noise, or if I need the speed.

More info on CPU MSR

1st Thanks for the welcome @md0Cer bro.

2nd. I found out this info on another forum, just thought i would post it for u guys.Its a little more info about CPU MSR and what it can do. Thanks to QUISTIS

((ok there hasnt been a single post ever about this.. i just searched, but i was amazed at what this little program did. first off, this works with all the following chipsets:

VIA: KT133A, KT133E, KT266, KT266A, KT333, KT333CF, KT400, KT400A, KT600
SiS: SiS730, SiS735, SiS745, SiS746, SiS748
Ali: M1647
Ati: Radeon IGP320
nVidia: nForce 2
AMD: AMD761

it allows for cpu multiplier adjustments and v-core adjustments from within windows even if your motherboard DOES NOT SUPPORT multiplier and v-core adjustments! wcpuid and sandra and windows all recognize the changes in the cpu speed. name of the program? you may have heard of it of you may not have.. but its CPUMSR. dl here ~> http://www.cpuheat.wz.cz/html/Tweaks.htm

it worked on an old K7S5A mobo with a 1.3 duron, and a cheap pc chips m848lu with an xp2200 for multi adjustments. cant test out the nforce2 workability of it yet, because my A7N8X died on me.. getting an NF7 soon though

<i sound like a sales person> <this program is cool though>))

If it works the way I think it works, it won't help with locked CPUs, but it sounds like a good option for those of us who have windows PCs running on hardware with limited overclcoking options. There wouldn't happen to be a linux version, would there?

theres a bridge mod or a wire trick u gotta do to change your cpu to a mobile, lemme search around for it, works for "hard locked" bartons

I guess you need to have the option to change multipliers in your bios for this to work......right?
If your motherboard doesn't have that option I guess you're out of luck.

sypher said:
Found a downlaod link for CPU MSR Prog & User Guide. Allows you to overclock AMD Athlon. (Rare find)

Goto http://www.overclockersstuff.tk

Once there goto AMD page and look for the link. Half way down on the left colomn.
sorry its not a rare find, its partially common knowledge but most peopel couldn't care less because of their 250mhz memeory that eliminates the need for multiplier adjustment. I've used it lots of times, plus I am one of the first to try it on locked processors, I am also the one who found the AMD 760 powernow enable register.

maj said:
theres a bridge mod or a wire trick u gotta do to change your cpu to a mobile, lemme search around for it, works for "hard locked" bartons
no wire trick (I wish), you need to do a bridge mod, connect 1-2 bridges

7keys said:
I guess you need to have the option to change multipliers in your bios for this to work......right?
If your motherboard doesn't have that option I guess you're out of luck.
Nope, this is independent of the bios (although the bios should enable powernow, you can do it with a register if it doesn't), this is sort of similar to SoftFSB and the Nvidia system utility, as it changes speeds on the fly.

Yuriman said:
Well, I tried it out and it says that my cpu is unsupported.
You need a mobile (desktop converted to mobile, or genuine mobile) and a non-NF2 machine.

Re: Re: Download Link -- CPU MSR (AMD UTILITY)

bulk88 said:

I've used it lots of times, plus I am one of the first to try it on locked processors, I am also the one who found the AMD 760 powernow enable register.

Toot toot toot

HOW TO USE CPU MSR

Yeah u have to set your CPU up as a mobile processor to enable the use of CPU MSR. go here ----> http://www.overclockersstuff.tk then click on the AMD link to find out how to do this. U have to setup the bridges or use the wire trick. Both are on this site.

NF2

You need a mobile (desktop converted to mobile, or genuine mobile) and a non-NF2 machine.

If by NF2 you mean an nforce 2 chipset, i think u could possibly be wrong. i read a review in a computer mag about CPU MSR and they tried it on an nforce 2 system and it worked. But just incase im wrong, if your gonna try this on an nforce 2 chipset keep in mind that it might not work.

NF2 (Last thing i forgot to mention)

And 1 more thing. This guy actually tried it on an nforce 2 machine also.
((ok there hasnt been a single post ever about this.. i just searched, but i was amazed at what this little program did. first off, this works with all the following chipsets:

it allows for cpu multiplier adjustments and v-core adjustments from within windows even if your motherboard DOES NOT SUPPORT multiplier and v-core adjustments! wcpuid and sandra and windows all recognize the changes in the cpu speed. name of the program? you may have heard of it of you may not have.. but its CPUMSR. dl here ~> http://www.cpuheat.wz.cz/html/Tweaks.htm

sypher
Great info, thanks!

I have an old k7s5a that I want to try it with. I also have a Nforce 1 board kicking around, I wonder if it will work on that?

Re: HOW TO USE CPU MSR

sypher said:
Yeah u have to set your CPU up as a mobile processor to enable the use of CPU MSR. go here ----> http://www.overclockersstuff.tk then click on the AMD link to find out how to do this. U have to setup the bridges or use the wire trick. Both are on this site.
There is NO pin mod to turn on the mobile, there is NO pin mod alternative for any of the L5s that we know of. Also logically I dont see a reason why AMD should have done that. That site is very amaturish, the bridge mod that is spoaken of is a multiplier unlock for BIOS to access upto 12.5x, and this is for unlocked CPUs.

also he didn't mention that BIOSes often do not set up the powernow support right so you have to turn it on with a register. Also he shouldn't be claiming maybe on the NF2, the registers aren't known yet and NO ONE yet has been able to get powernow to work on NF2, but I SWEAR there is a way, if the ancient AMD 760 has it, the NF2 has to.

Re: More info on CPU MSR

sypher said:
1st Thanks for the welcome @md0Cer bro.

2nd. I found out this info on another forum, just thought i would post it for u guys.Its a little more info about CPU MSR and what it can do. Thanks to QUISTIS

it worked on an old K7S5A mobo with a 1.3 duron, and a cheap pc chips m848lu with an xp2200 for multi adjustments. cant test out the nforce2 workability of it yet, because my A7N8X died on me.. getting an NF7 soon though

<i sound like a sales person> <this program is cool though>))
We know the supposed registers for the NF2 powernow support but they dont work, he said it probably doesn't work. The halt disconnect works because I looked in the linux kernal source to confirm it, but I couldn't confirm the powernow register in the source, it isn't there. I'll try working on it in the future.

Back