• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Attached file in OE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNewGuy143

Hi, for some reason I can not open any attached files that i receive in outlook express and as of april 12th Ill receive my work schedule by email so i need to no whats the problem. I have norton antivirus installed if that helps.
TheNewGuy

There's an option in oe that is enabled that makes it impossible for you to open file attatchments. What better of a way for MS to make their programs secure-- than to disable features and user access. I'll look into it and see if I can find out exactly where that option is at...

Go to Tools> Options> Security (tab) > Then uncheck the box that says "do not let me open or save attachments that could potentially be a virus" or something like that. Click apply/ok and then they should be openable.

Normally this is due to the following setting:

In Outlook Express, goto

Tools > Options > Security

Make sure that "Block access to files that OE deems as unsafe" (or something similar that's just from my memory) is not ticked.

This should solve your problem.

Back