• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Desperate Help - :O

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

Ok guys not sure where to put this so here goes. I am having a terrible problem getting ANY type of mic clarity. For onling gaming using Ventrilo or any voice prog for that matter my mic sounds like im speaking from a Nascar track.

I have tried everything, removing my cell phone from my desk, moving my case from under desk to top of desk to get rid of any possible signal from the cables, and yesterday I ditched my Audio .90 headset and purchased a good labtec desktop mic and it sounds exactly the same, horrible.

Everyone else that I know that uses the program sounds perfect, like i can hear them swallowing and eating even. The only time it even transmits loud enough where you can hear it is when the mic is about 1/4 in from my mouth or closer, basicfally almost touching my lips, I need it to transmit like 8-14 in away, say on my monitor.

As of now I am using the Abit IC7 (first version) and using the AC97 6.1ch OnBoard Sound, I guess maybe that could be it, I have loaded the drivers and tried every setting there, mic boost, noice cancel, auto gain control, they alll sound bad.

The mic boost does make it easier to transmit and louder but it also raises the feedback of the mic too so its even worse actually. When I talk its like there is a huge fan beside me just going bzzzzzzzzzzrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuzbeeeeeeeeeee, I dont get it, I even unplugged all my fans in my case but my HS one and it didnt phase it at all. Basically its like there is tons of feedback, and my voice is very very quiet, if im 1-2 in from the mic you cant even hear me at all.

Has anyone had any experience with OnBoard sound having these probs, Im a PC Tech at BestBuy and this one stumps me :), im going to work today and put one of our test Audigy cards in there and see if it works the, but I wanted to come here for anything that I may have missed

TYIA - oc jason

O also just so you know its not me or the way I speak into the mic, if I hit the transmit key but dont speak, you still hear the feedback

Have you updated or reinstalled the soundcard drivers? Also put the checkmark on the boost mic in settings.

yes I went to the Abit site yesterday, downloaded the newest drivers, uninstalled old ones, rebooted, installed new ones, rebooted, exactly the same. I sometimes use the mic boost setting but it also boosts the feedback so its kinda the same

I know this sounds dumb, but connections for what? My ive tried multiple mics, its plugged into the pink hole, what else could I ground to get rid of the problem, but yes it definately has the sound of ground noise like a car would with a bad ground wire, but I have no idea what could cause it on my pc

Back