• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard tribulations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rigamrts

hi all i was wondering i'm looking into running a dual processor rig now the the motherboard i'm looking into is a p4dc6 from supermicro but i'm the kind of guy who wants the most bang for his buck so i hear you guys talking about the abit board like it's gods gift to computers i was wonder does abit make a dually that will soport my needs see i have a radeon 32 and love it with a samsung dvdrom and 2 maxtar 20 gig hds running win 2000 and lynux i love lynux for it's abuilty to partion my drives the way i like plus i have a choise on if i want twin p3 700s or p3 800s the 700s are from a friend who just upgraded his system he will sell them to me for a song i just got my atx100ft case from supermicro with a 400w power supply plus i have an old 275w power supply to run my fans so power is the least of my problems and air flow witha few mod will be a thing of the past now i'm no stranger to building a computer from scratch cause i've done a few for my friends with thier low buget ideas but i want to make this one a work of art which money is no problem for me if you guys can help me i would be greatful cause i don't want to be tied down to an expecive peice of crap when i can go whole hog and do it right for my self

it is very tall it's a full tower i'm hopeing to get 1 gig out of a 700mhz processor just it's a pain trying to find someone who can get me an abit motherboard anybody have any other sugestions on a board thats not the red headed bastard child of motherboards seems no resepectible pc place will even tell what the price is for one they all want to sell me their boards but i don't want their boards if anyone can help me find a board i will be very happy

Back