• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking memory choice???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the ram labeled "special" is the bh6. and yes, bh5 is no longer made and better

edit: can you be absolutely sure? I guess not.. but you can be fairly confident since 1) the ram shown in the product pic is bh5 ram and 2) it's certainly priced like it's bh5

Last edited:
I want to know which one is the best for overclocking, I know bh5 is the best but none of the two i showed you is bh5(or at least theyre not telling us) So from what I know id be better off with bh6 because I know itll overclock from what ive read. I just wanna know what you guys think???
Edit: Oh ok thanks, but why arent they telling it???

If you want pc3200 ram, that (likely) bh5 you linked to would be best for overclocking. You could get a little less performace with mushkin special bh6.

it doesnt say anything about the chips on the pc3200 lvl2(i guess u could assume bh5 from the price), it does about the bh6. if i were u id check out the forums and see if u can get some bh5 on sale there. plus the newer ch5 stix are starting to oc well also for alot cheaper...

Dude if ur going to spend 400 bucks for a gig of ram u might as well spend it on pc4200.

NewGuy143

Have you spoken with anyone at Kit-Tronics about this RAM? I'm just curious as I have spoken with a guy there and he said the availability shown on the website is not entirely correct. Their remaining Level 2 is actually being temporarily held for RMA purposes and then after a period of time they will refer people directly to Mushkin for RMA's and those remaining sticks may be sold to people who are essentially on a "waiting list" for them. If someone knows more about this, please feel free to correct me.

I have actually ordered and I am waiting for further word on the status of their Level 2. I may or may not be able to get some but I thought I would take a chance. They should have updated their site by now as it is misleading.

Cheers

No I havent talked to anyone, but anyway I dont have the money right now so I wouldnt have bought it. My question was more to know why was the price higher than the bh6 sticks because there is no indication that says its bh5.
TheNewGuy

I just wanted to point out that when available, they were selling BH5 L2 black as 3500 not 3200. I don't know what that means for this post but damn the price looks like it. Zephyr say's it's BH5 but I would try to get confirmation.

Sigh... I miss BH5.

Back