• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tubing Choices. What's your Pick?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seven

Hey guys.

I'm looking to watercool farily soon and I was wondering about tubing.

I'm looking to buy from DangerDen, and all they have available right now is that new PrimoFlex stuff, Tygon, and ClearFlex 60.

Does anybody have any opinions on this? Tygon is the most expensive, and all the other ones have 20% discounts on 10 feet or more of tubing.

Any comments on any of these? I know for a fact Tygon is the best, but is it worth it? Please let me know.

Thanks!

Coolsleeves-knot.jpg

......check again;)

i would suggest the clearflex, but not from dangerden. johan851 showed me this site www.mcmaster.com, where clearflex 60 is .65/ft. I got 12 feet for like 7 bucks. Dangerden wants like 12 bucks and shipping will cost ya 8 bucks just to get tubing to you. look under "Chemical PVC Tubing" 1/2 in ID, 3/4 OD, 1/8 wall.

Yeah, Maximus is all over it. I'd go with Clearflex 60 from that site - the 1/8" wall is very bend resistant and quite nice to work with.

Just like what everyone said...go clearflex from mcmaster.com so not worth going Tygon as long as you get the 1/8 wall stuff. :)

Geez,
.65$/ft for the chemical and 3.80$/ft for the tygon :eek:

Are those bend radius specs accurate? 3" and 1 1/2"?

Im working with little to no space and that would make a huge difference to me.

My advice so to a local harware shop (B&Q in UK) and buy the cheapest tubing there is. I use clear hose pipe tubing (1/2") its renforced so it doesn't kink and its dead cheap.

I though about buying the expensive stuff but its only got to cary water, just make sure what you get doesn't kink to easy.

Just my thoughts

Buzz

buzzby said:
My advice so to a local harware shop (B&Q in UK) and buy the cheapest tubing there is. I use clear hose pipe tubing (1/2") its renforced so it doesn't kink and its dead cheap.

I though about buying the expensive stuff but its only got to cary water, just make sure what you get doesn't kink to easy.

Just my thoughts

Buzz

Thats what I did, but that stuff is a pain in the butt to work with. And I cant get the bends I need if I add a NB and GPU block.

I don't have any tight bends, so I found that the stuff from the hardware store (just plain old clear, vinyl tubing) works fine for me.

Lothar5150 said:
Coolsleeves-knot.jpg

......check again;)

Holy crap, that's insane dude.

The clearflex does look decent compared to Tygon (and at a lower price), but from looking at the wc101 review of Tygon, Tygon clearly shows it's superiority as tubing. In addition, I'm going to have some farily tight bends in this system, and I want the best stuff I can get while staying in a reasonable price range. I'll take more expensive tubing any day over a kink and some dead hardware...

I have used both vinyl and clearflex now. Vinyl IS able to make bends, but it puts a lot more stress on components. I had CPU, Nbridge, and GPU on 1 loop with mag 3 and heatercore all in the case with vinyl. With a little careful arrangement of the tubing, you can make it work, but it's not good to see your video card bending. So i bought cleaflex and that stuff is much better. Although it is much more flexible, i found it to kink in the exact same positions that the vinyl tubing could hold, i'm assuming because it was much stiffer. So i just put zipties around the clearflex to keep it's shape and it works perfect.

I use Tygon with Dracon inner-braid, its made for pressure intensive setups but I like to go overkill. I really wouldn't reccomend it because its expensive but the Dracon inner braid helps it resist kinking.

If you use the coolsleeves on 1/16” wall, cheep tubing it will not kink and it will not put excessive pressure on your components. To boot you will be able to make as tight a bend as you want. I built a rig using it and my only limiting factor bending it was clearing the edge of the video card.

Back