• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dmark03 reads 5900xt as 5950u?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LancerJay

i just got my xfx 5900XT this morning and i've been benchmarking and overclocking all day. i noticed when my windows first detected the video card it said "fx 5950 ultra". i got excited at first, thinking maybe i got a 5950 instead of 5900xt? well after installing 56.64 drivers and restarting everything. i go to display settings it says "Plug and Play Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce FX 5950 Ultra". hmm, now i click on advanced and look at it through my video card settings. the tab reads "GeForce FX 5900 XT"

my hope dies once again. but then while benchmarking, 3dmark03 reads my video card as an fx 5950u??? my frequencies were 390 and 800. i thought the stock for XT's were 700? again my hope rises.

but now i'm confused? has other people gotten anything like this before? is my card an XT or 5900nu or what?

whatever it is, i don't care really. i'm really loving this video card :D
i scored 6617 on 3dmark03 :D

You probably got one of those cards that someone bios flashed and returned. Nevertheless, glad you're enjoying your 5900XT. :)

I have a similar problem with my CPU depending on what application i'm using. Some say its a 2800+ XP Barton and others say its a 2800+ XP Thoroughbred B. One even says its a Thoroughbred B with a Barton Core :D

Back