• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC133 running at 66Mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No, you can't underclock RAM, just like you cant lower the FSB of a processor.

but the motherboard might have a CPU:Memory ratio that would allow you to run the RAM at 133, and the processor at 66.

Welcome To The Forums. :)

yes you can. I have run my AXP system at 5X with a 100MHz FSB, and it has a barton 3000+ and mushkin level 2 black pc3500 ram in it.

and its obvioudly possible with my ES chip.

Pc133 should have no problems at 66 MHz. But you may have a problem getting all of your memory capacity out of PC133 on a chipset that only supports 66 MHz FSB. But at worst you'll only get half of your memory capacity. It'll still work.

Yes, PC133 SDRAM modules will run at PC66.

As RepoMan suggested, if you have a 440BX, 440LX, 430TX/VX, Via MVP3-4, ALI Alladin 5 or below, which can only recognize up to a maximum of 768 MB's of SDRAM (3 DIMM slots), then a high-density memory module will only be 1/2 recognized by your system.

High density modules (32xblah blah) are double the density of older modules (16xblah blah) and are only 50% recognized by the aforementioned chipsets. :)

To run at PC66, the SDRAM will automatically re-configure itself for operation at that speed. PC133 simply means that it will run UP TO a maximum of 133 MHz. :)

Foxie3a said:

but the motherboard might have a CPU:Memory ratio that would allow you to run the RAM at 133, and the processor at 66.

seriously, who told you this crap, have you never heard of underclocking?

Foxie3a said:

WTF are you talking about? I can run 100fsb on my barton, and Pc133 should run fine at 66.

Back