• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

It's here :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sturm

SLK-900A was here when I got in from work.
Got a nice 92mm ys tech and som AS5 with it.
I'm in the process of lapping it right now was smooth to start so 600 grit for 15 mins now onto the 1200 grit little ways to go before I get the brasso out. Then it's goodbye stock hsf

brasso is the stuff! i used to use it all the time, then the local store stopped selling it out here. but yea, when you're done, take some pics.

OMG I'm impressed with this baby. This is the first, non stock HSF I have ever used, first time lapping and using TIM other than goop and I must say I never expected such a change in temps.

Old temps were ok but high
Case idle 39 to 49 load
CPU idle 49 to 59 load

Now running
Case idle 35 to 40 load that's a whole 9C drop on load
CPU idle 38 to 46 load and a cool 13C drop under load

The room is above normal due tie better half liking the damn heat so much o0. or it would be lower still lol.

Load was induced running the following programmes at the same time.
Prime95 x 2
MBM5's Heat x 2
And Africa Corp's V's Desert Rats to get the gfx heated up.

Here is my lapped finish

Brilliant shine, Sturm..Chilly temps for that much load..:) Did you get all of the stuff out of the fins next to the HS's base. I saw it in your pic of the lapping job you did. Just curious! I'm sure you caught it..

archilochus said:
Brilliant shine, Sturm..Chilly temps for that much load..:) Did you get all of the stuff out of the fins next to the HS's base. I saw it in your pic of the lapping job you did. Just curious! I'm sure you caught it..
I couldn't be bothered trying to clean between the fins so no it's still there. Doesn't even smell lol.

Back