• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Tsunami Zen Master

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FarEast

Most Generous Member
Project: Tsunami Zen Master Total System Mod

Welcome to the "Old Thread".
This is where you CAN post your Questions/Comments about the Tsunami Zen Master Project.

To view the new Work Log thread go here: Project: Tsunami Zen Master

The changes where made due to the original project getting lost in all the kind comments and ideas flooding in from member here.

All of the project logs have been deleted from this thread leaving all the idea's and comments from the OC community. As the project reaches stages where other members contributed Links to thier original posts will be made.

Thanks to all those who have contributted!

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Im currently righting up the work i have done over the past week, It's still not finished yet so once I have caught up with what I have done so far it will turn into a journal and the pace will slow alittle.

You might be new to watercooling, but you seem like a pro. Great looking so far, big thumbs up over here. Keep us updated with pics!

ShaDrag said:
You might be new to watercooling, but you seem like a pro. Great looking so far, big thumbs up over here. Keep us updated with pics!

Far from it! This is only the third case mod I have attempted, 1st was blow holes and cut them by using thousands of tiny drill holes and looked like a termite infestation and the second was installing a window which having bought my Black and Decker actually turned out well.

Although reading these forums really helped me prepare for this project and i would like to take the time to say a thankyou to all the modders who have gone before me as you learn the little tricks and also how to avoid some of the mistakes they made, while making your own and allowing others to avoid yours!

Wow just gained another star!

Whowah!! Very Nice dude 5 Thumb's up:thup: Very Good work! How much money have you put into this so far? how much did the water block's cost you? And Case?

Orange Fire. said:
Whowah!! Very Nice dude 5 Thumb's up:thup: Very Good work! How much money have you put into this so far? how much did the water block's cost you? And Case?

Thanks for the compliments, If you follow the links it will take you to aqua-comuters website, although it's in german it's quiet easy to navigate around. The case in US was around $190 and although it's a well made case it really could do with more extras like removable cages to justify the price.

Excellent work! Looking Nice i like the way you are taking us step by step in this project it's really exciting and helpfull ;) it's just like another Fusyuguru Project. This is going to be one of the Great one's. Goodwork keep it up.

I feel insperation setting in! Great cuts with the black and decker, i have the same one, but couldn't make a straight cut to save my life.

This is really impressive, nice work :) I've yet to mod a case yet, but this is just inspiring :) I like the Aqua-Computer components, I'm not a fan of kits because I feel they don't tailor to the specific customer, but what you've shown with this company far exceeds my expectations (and thoughts of difficulty!) to watercooling. I may go for the full boat when I build my new PC and get it watercooled too :)

Scary_Penguin said:
This is really impressive, nice work :) I've yet to mod a case yet, but this is just inspiring :) I like the Aqua-Computer components, I'm not a fan of kits because I feel they don't tailor to the specific customer, but what you've shown with this company far exceeds my expectations (and thoughts of difficulty!) to watercooling. I may go for the full boat when I build my new PC and get it watercooled too :)

Technically it is a kit, but if you go out and buy all dangerden then I suppose you could call that a kit too?

Aqua-Computer I think was started by two guys and It quickly turned into a company , you can mix thier products with anyother water cooling product as all the barbs are interchangable. It just worked out that I bought all of thier products for my rig as i wanted a product that went well with the design and layout of my case.

Thanks for all the comments guys .....keep them coming .... I will be showing some of the accidents I have had too and the possible work arounds I did to keep this project looking clean.

matttaylor said:
I feel insperation setting in! Great cuts with the black and decker, i have the same one, but couldn't make a straight cut to save my life.

Earlier on i was talking about these larger blades that I found at my DIY store for rotary tools. They are perfect for straight line cutting, also If you have the same tool use the flexi arm as this is a whole lot easier to use than holding it in the hand... I never use the main body.

When I start on the window for this case I will be buying some more of these larger blades and I will take a photo of them compared to the standard blades. Another thing you can do is get a peice of scrap metal and practice on that until you feel ready to go at your case.

Thanks, I'll see if I can find the larger disc's. It Probiably wouldn't hurt to buy the flexible piece also. Mine didn't come with one.

LOL no wonder you can't get a straight line! I can't even take a straight line using the main body, It's like trying to hold on to a nuematic drill that thing jumps all over the place!

friend1.JPG

I would recommend that you get the flex cable and also a hanger, the hanger takes alot of the vibration out of the main unit and also helps keep the flex cable in order when working. The working end of the flex unit is about the thickness of your thumb and very easy to work with and should help alot with the straight lines.

I tend to select an one area and cut straight through the case without moving down the line you intend to cut, Then now you have your pilot hole and i slowly work down the line away from me... I found it isn't so stress full on the disks and also helps keep the lines straight.

Back