• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much water for an inline system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mcrites

I need your guys help on how much water I should be putting into an inline system. Last week I put too much in and luckily when I had my mobo in, it did not get hit when the fill line backed up on me :( Remind me to never try watercooling a desktop, thank goodness for side mounted mobos in towers ;). Should I just keep going till I see no bubbles, because it seems it can always take more even though you do not see any. Or is there a good measurment of water I can use? Any suggestions are appreciated.

I guess I don't really see how your fill line managed to back up on you, unless you just put too much water in it. I would fill it all the way (cover the fill line till it's flowing if it backed up when you started it) and then after a couple days add some more water (the air takes a long time to completely get out, unless you assemble it underwater....even still, there's the chance that some air is stuck in a corner or something...) and keep doing that until the fill line doesn't get a lower water level anymore.

Back