Heatware Profile

MBM 5 Question/Problem

installed on a biostar m7ncdpro board. the d@mn cpu and case temps are only 2C in difference. i know this cannot be the case because the case only has 1 intake and 1 exhaust fan running a xp2000. has anybody else had this problem with this board and mdm5? case - 48C, cpu - 50C

you might have your sensors messed up, or you might have a really high case temp. try running with the side panel off.

if that doesn't show a marked difference in the case temp, perhaps the 'case' temperature is really the thermal sensor on the board for the cpu, whereas your 'cpu' temp is the cpu's internal diode. play around with settings, you might get lucky.
    YEAH!! BABIES!!!
    E8400@4.0 / GTX460 / Asus P5K / 4GB Corsair XMS2 / WD 500
    Dell Vostro 1500 (C2D, 8600GT)
    Black Belt ▄bercloxx0r

Heatware

Check MBM's website for set up detail. The sensor settings for each motherboard are listed on the website.

Heatware Profile
    i got the info from mbms site and according to them mine is setup correctly. also, with the side off, the case temp may go down 1C but the cpu will go down 2-3C... weird. could there be dust or something on it?

10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Read your mobo manual, or download it online if you need to, and find out where your thermal sensors are located on your board.

It's hard to say much about temps if you don't know where they are being read from.
    The OC Forums Way
    We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here.
    The OC Forums Thank You Thread
    Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
    Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.

Heatware Profile
    just blew out the case and applied some arctic silver 5 to hsf. now case is 47C and cpu is 48C/idle. i need to find the diode that the case is being read from....