• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2nd coming of a mobile barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Coolest said:
bulk, when buying on ebay you will have a much greater chance of getting a crap overclockers, thus proving to yourself only that they suck.
I know about that, but there is simply no other way I can afford them, according to the IRS my parents only made $500 this year after taxes (they are running off of savings). I checked the newegg refurbs and hte cheapest A64 was $173 (3000+) which is the price of a OEM 2800+. I need it to get to $158 max if I give up buying another AXP Mob, preferably ~$120. The way I understand A64 OCing, the cpu multiplier is irrelavent because of the memory dividers (i'll probably wind up running my ram as 1:2) and HTT multipliers isolating the CPU clock feed's effects from the rest of the system.

Then i suggest you hold off a bit and collect some cash because the DTR is $270 which is the CG stepping.

Silent Buddha said:

?
I thought all the Athlon 64s and Opterons were made at Fab36 (or whatever it's called) in Dresden...
Fab 36 isn't up yet =(...Most Athlon 64's and Opterons are made by IBM and some at Fab 30 and Athlon XP's are made in Fab30

x3lda said:

Fab 36 isn't up yet =(...Most Athlon 64's and Opterons are made by IBM and some at Fab 30 and Athlon XP's are made in Fab30

Oh, I see. Didn't AMD use to have a fab somewhere in Texas? I always thought that is where the brown AXP's came from.

Silent Buddha said:

Oh, I see. Didn't AMD use to have a fab somewhere in Texas? I always thought that is where the brown AXP's came from.
fab25 made all the alluminum CPUs, now they make flash memeory, last cpu they made was the Duron Morgan 1.3ghz I belive.

Back