• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR550 RAM w/DFI LANPARTY PRO875B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mgs0008b221

Okay, first question. I want to put some DDR550 RAM in my DFI LANPARTY PRO875B, what do I have to tweak to make this work. Second question. I'm deciding between the ASUS P4C800-E DELUXE or the DFI LANPARTY PRO875B. Which would be best for this RAM setup? Also, which would be best for a P4 3.4GHz HT w/ L2 512KB cache? I've heard a lot of good things about both. Thank you in advance, and please be gentle!

Someone please help me. I've posted this on more forums than I can remember, emailed everyone I can think of, and it's about to drive me insane!

Personally, I would buy the ASUS P4C800-E DELUXE over DFI. I have some latency issues with this board when trying to run higher fsb's at RAS to CAS 2.

There doesn't seem to be a way of vdimm it either.

However, if you plan to run at CAS3 and don't care about vdimm mods - 2.9v being the most you can apply on the dimms, then this board really overclocks well.

I just finished testing some DDR-500 ram with borrowed Asus and DFI boards.

I did better (and much easer) with the DFI (which was a revA).

I'm planning on getting a Lanparty rev B as a result.

Back