• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unlock other 4 pipelines on 9800SE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In short, yes. Results are approximate to a 9800pro. Thats because a 9800se is a 9800pro that's been crippled by software.

See Softmodding guide.

Hunt around for anything on 'softmodding' The same thing has been done with the 9500np, it softmodded to 9700 and gave excellent results.

yup, tried it. about a 50/50 chance of success (i wasn't that lucky and got checkers)

OT:

Daegon: No vacuum cleaner should give a human being a double polaroid!

On-Topic:

<searchnazi> search button!!! </searchnazi>

DOH sry for not reading the soft mod sticky. I read it before, but the last time I read it, it was only about the 9500 -> 9700. I think I'll just buy a 9800SE even if I don't get it to softmod.

only some 9800se's have a 256bit mem bus, make sure you get a 256bit bus card. i think powercolor makes one. sapphire and bba are 128bit. if you cant softmod the card, that extra ram bandwidth still helps to make it faster than a 9600

even the sapphire card that says 128bit, as long as it has the 'L' Shaped layout is really 256bit.
You won't be able to get full performance out of the 128bit cards, it's one of the limiting factors of the speed of the card.

Back