Quiet HSF for XP-M Overclocking

Hi,

I will be purchasing a AMD XP-M 2600+ and I was wondering if you guys could offer me advice on which HSF to buy. I am looking for the quietest solution but with good enough performance on air-cooling for overclocking. I have a Gigabyte 7NNXP motherboard which has no mounting holes.

I am currently running a XP 2000+ with a Volcano 9 CoolMod with the RPM set at around 2300. This is sufficiently quiet only because the sound is drowned out by the 6 8cm case fans I have. Over the 12 or so months I've had this system I've grown quite annoyed at the noise level.

For the new system I would really like it to be as quiet as possible but cannot afford to invest in a water-cooled setup. Could you guys please offer your suggestions bearing in mind that noise levels must be at a minimum but also overclocking is a possibility?

Thanks very much and your inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thermalright SLK-900A , it is the best clip on heatsink thermalright has

and topped with one of These with either the 80mm or 90mm

zalman al-cu...?

Originally posted by Unoid
    zalman al-cu...?
    The high end Zalman's one requires mounting holes which my motherboard does not have.

Seems like the SLK-900A is good for me. Now I just gotta pick a quiet fan to go with it.

Is it true that 92mm fans whilst running slower than their 80mm counterparts, push more air through?

Yes, it's true that 92mm fans at lower speeds push more air through - higher volume, lower pressure. And generally, less noise.

*Remembers some -unnamed- 60mm screamers in the box of a fellow sitting next to him at a lan party...*

Yea.