• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP-M 2400 stuck at 2.3 ghz :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gibletzor

Well I've had my 2400 mobile for a few weeks now, but i couldn't get much overclocking done before due to a crap power supply with a couple week voltage rails. i finally got my Antec 430 the other day, but i still can't get past 2.3 ghz, no matter what fsb/mult i try. i can get windows to boot at 2.4, but it BSODs in less than 5 minutes every time. also, i can run Prime95 for 8 hours with no errors at 230x10, and run several passes of Memtest86+, but then any game i try to play crashes after several minutes. changing vCore doesn't help, and my vdimm is at 3.3v.
I THINK the cpu is an IQYHA 0402 TPMW, which i've heard got 2.6 ghz+ for other people. What do you all think is wrong? Did i just get a not so good cpu out of the batch? or is it something else?

also, temps are not a problem. load temps in Prime95 at 230x10 with 1.775 vcore is 39C.

sorry. i forgot to say i tried all the way up to 2.0 vcore. Prime95 ran for 8 hours with 1.775 vcore at 230x10 so i'd think that would be enough for that speed? but even at 2v i can't get above 230x10.

also forgot to say i can't even boot into windows above 200 fsb with a multiplier higher than 10 no matter what the core voltage...

What happens with, say 180 x 13 = 2340 MHz.

2.3 may be what this particular chip out of the bunch can do.

ok. tested these out tonight with short runs in Prime95 and 3dmark01. not declaring anything stable or whatever. just seein if they would crash.

180x13 passed both 2340 mhz
180x13.5 won't post 2430 mhz
190x12 passed both 2280 mhz
190x12.5 failed both 2375 mhz
195x12 passed both 2340 mhz
200x11 always works great 2200 mhz

ok. so i guess about 2.35 is my limit :( unless someone can think of something else that might be wrong.... i'd like to try any options before i declare it a 2.3 ghz chip. which isn't bad i guess since it was only $75, but i was expecting more like others are getting with the same steppings.

So.... any more suggestions?

which bios are u using? iwas having alot of probs with the same mb and chip then i installed the dfi-street bios and i'm at 240x10, but can change stuff around and almost get to 2.5 but i think thats my limit

There is a problem with DFI Ultra Infinitys and mobile chips. They seem to crap out around 1.75 - 1.825 volts. Some guy did the pin mod and it fixed his problems. Go over to amdmb.com and visit the DFI section and read all about it.

JDizzle, I've read about it.. just am a little reluctant to do it lol

right now my ram is running 2-2-2-11 at 195 mhz and it runs the same all the way up to 210 mhz with 3.2v. it's not the mushkin in my sig right now. it's a gig of Geil Ultra pc3200. the highest i can get it to go is 220 at 3.2v 3-4-4-11 before it stops booting altogether. the highest fsb i have been able to boot with the Mushkin ram is 230x10 i haven't tried a high fsb/low multi yet...

northbridge a little hot? i had the same problem with my tbred b. i culd prime for hours but crashed out of games in 10 minutes. the northbridge was a tad hot. it was either that, or i messed up on applying artic silver. o well, i cleaned it all off, reapplied, and everything is running fine.

hmm... i don't know exactly what the temps on my NB are. I have a Vantec Copper Iceberq chipset cooler fan on there. but i just kept the stuff that was on the DFI heatsink on there. i may clean it off one of these days and put some of my Ceramique on there

That's a bit below average :-/. my chip does 2.4GHz at 1.8v. Try upping it to 1.85 and see what happens

JDizzle said:
There is a problem with DFI Ultra Infinitys and mobile chips. They seem to crap out around 1.75 - 1.825 volts. Some guy did the pin mod and it fixed his problems. Go over to amdmb.com and visit the DFI section and read all about it.
I couldn't find anything about pin mod:( Can please give a link or just write down what the pin mod is.

Back