• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you have a Poly top or AL top waterblock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noxipoo

since i can't make a poll, please reply with Poly or AL for the waterblock you bought. I hear poly tops crack easily, which scares me but AL can corrode so I don't know what to get. Please tell me which you got and why, also how its working out. thanks!

copper.

but my vote would go to aluminum. use some antifreeze and youll be fine. i think the poly risk is much higher than the aluminum risk.

Poly topped RBX, Whitewater and Z-chips here... Poly looks nicer imho (unless you anodize your AL!) I have put some pretty heavy stress on the barbs with no cracking/leak problems whatsoever. I guess some people just have bad luck but that poly they use is really thick and strong. And of course, less maintenance and easier to see if your wb is getting clogged or the O-ring needs to be replaced...

I bought a poly top because it's what was available. I'd go with a copper or aluminum if I could though - much more reliable and less dangerous. They look better too, IMO.

Korn- how did they crack? by themselves just sitting in your case? when that happened, did you fry anything or did it still stay watertight? now you got me worried, what blocks were they btw?

Nice question, seeing as there is now a thread with a poll in it for this I'm locking this one to keep the discussion in one thread here's the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back