• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU mod [56k warning ~650k worth of pics]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyrix_2k

Just got done modding the 300w generic PSU of my back-up rig.

I simply pulled it apart, desoldered the power jack, unplugged the fan, unscrewed every screw I could find, and pulled all the peices out. To increase air-flow I cut out the integrated fan grill at the same time. Then I painted it with the folowing spray paint.

Paint:-Bottom layer-------------------------------------------------Top layer
Used primer -anodized blue -dark blue metal flake -clear to get the color. The anodized blue didn't like my spray gun thing and the stream of paint clipped it. I didn't relise that until AFTER it started dripping paint on my PSU :mad:

After I was done painting it, I installed a new blue quad LED fan & chrome grill. :D Looks cool now :D

Pics:

Attachments

• photo3_rj.jpg
    photo3_rj.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 402
FireChoice said:
now all he needs to do is sleeve that thing and it will be ready to go. :D

First, thanks for all the complements :D And yes, I will be sleeving this in about a month. I've been painting my entire rig. So far i have the inside of the case, CD-ROM Drives, and PSU painted. I'm going to order some more BLUE LED fans, UV sleeving, and a Window kit. BTW, I already have 4 UV CCFL :D

What's left to do:

install internal 3 1/2in bay
install CD-drives, HD's
Sleeve PSU with blue UV sleeving
Buy rounded UV reactive ATA 100 cables
Install blue fans once I get them
cut 120mm blow-hole
WC it!:D:D:D

Back