• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best HS - Non mobo socket mount !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

Ok well I have not yet broken down and considered H2O, as I travel to Dallas now and again to LAN and such so I want enclosed portability - that being said I was looking at the newest HS on www.sidewindercomputers.com and saw that most if not all of the good ones, including the heatpipe one all mount via the 4mobo holes and no clips, I really dont want to have to take out my mobo 2x per day when im testing stuff w the heatsink

so what is the best HS that I can get that still uses the clip method, currently I have the "Thermalright ax-478" using a normal 80mm fan, its lapped and using as3.

Is that HS still a viable one, my 3.2c idle is showing 50-52c in BIOS, but seeing as how its an abit board its 8-10c high - but I just want a better HS that I can use and throw a 92mm fan on possibly

TYIA

You already have a very effective heatsink, but with those temps you probably have inadequete case ventilation or you need a more powerful fan on-top of it.

The Thermalright SLK-478 can either bolt on or use the existing P4 clips... although the weight is a significant factor if you want to do that. Plus you already have a nice setup. Have you checked your AS3 application? I redid my AS5 today b/c my idle was like 48C :p so I redid it and my temps dropped to 43C idle. Guess I didn't put it on right the first time.

Back