• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free low tech stuff (heatsink and nic card)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafaphoto

I have a Thermaltake Volcano 6 Cu and a LinkSys Nic card anyone can have if they can use either of them. You just need to pay the shipping. PM me if either of these can help you with folding.

E

I currently have no need for a heatsink or network card at the moment. :) I'm sure someone else can use one of these for another folding box.

Heatsink

The heatsink runs about a degree or so higher than the stock AMD 2500 heatsink, so no, it is not better. It was given to me, and I was hoping to give it to someone with an older machine that it might help a little (folding I hope).

Fold on!

E

I was running the V-6 and the V-6+'s on my farms up to XP2400's and they ran them with a mild overclock just fine.Of course that was in an open board with no case but, they did run slightly cooler than they're stock counterparts.The ceramque seemed to work just slightly better than the AS3 I was using at the time with a lapping job.

EDIT: I was going to post in the classifieds for 2 SK- 7's for 5 a piece plus shipping.They where almost as good as the SLK 800's.I was using them on a dually XP2400 system for awhile.

http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1514

http://www.overclockers.com/articles630/

Last edited:
Heatsink

Hey Shadowcat! This is your old heatsink! I got it from you a while back. I guess I am going for a more aggressive O/C, but my temps are slightly better with the stock one.

Since you gave it to me, I thought I would do the same and try to help someone out! I messed up and used some cheaper paste instead of the Arctic Silver. It is in no way a bad heatsink, but I just got a degree or so better performance with the stock one with my setup.

Hopefully, I can give it to someone who can use it! I just have it laying around!

Fold on!!

E

Stuff

The heatsink is going to Quailane. If anyone can use the nic card, PM me.

E

Back