• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling a XaserIII - Modding and parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drsomewhat

Hey all - ive got a XaserIII case and im seriously considering watercooling it - but im looking for some feedback on it. Here are the parts im thinking of:

Dtek Whitewater waterblock
Dtek jr120 radiator
Swiftech MCW50 waterblock – vga
2x 120 MM Evercool aluminum fans
Danner Mag3 pump

As for my case - im wondering where i should put my radiator. Is it better to remove the HDD cage and stick it there with the 120 mm fans - or is it better to place it on the top of my case, removing the top panel and 80 mm fan. If anyone has watercooling on a xaserIII, can you please link me or post some pics? (Im not putting this on the xaser III thread, as im more interested in strictly watercooling info)

If i do remove the hdd cage, im also going to remove the front "Thermaltake" light up, and possibly one of the plates in front, and put modding mesh on top of that so i get max airflow for the radiator.

Any and all info will be greatly appreciated. Worst comes to worst, ive got an old Antec case (real old, like 1997 or 1998) that i might be able to work with - its got lots of space and ive already started modding it with a friend. Id prefer using the xaser tho.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=270542&perpage=30&pagenumber=1

ALOT to read, but well worth it... over 1500 post, all about this case.

But for an easier look
wc4.jpg

Back