• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New from nVidia... QuadroFX (?) 4000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, it does still bear the FX badging. I would just tend to think that if they were building it off of the GeForce 6800 platform that they would change the nomenclature to something different. But then again, maybe they don't feel that the Quadro FX has a 'bad rep' like the GeForce FX cards to shake.

w000t so excited where is it gonna be out and whats the price is what i wanna know!!!!

theflyingrat said:
Well, it does still bear the FX badging. I would just tend to think that if they were building it off of the GeForce 6800 platform that they would change the nomenclature to something different. But then again, maybe they don't feel that the Quadro FX has a 'bad rep' like the GeForce FX cards to shake.

that could be the case since the Quadro FX's don't have a bad rep at all, they are awesome cards, one of their lower ones, the Quadro FX1100 which is the 5700 outperforms the ATI FireGL X2-256t which is the 9800XT core.

Yes, I'm a big fan of the Quadros myself, working in a very much CAD-dominated workplace. The OpenGL support for the QuadroFXes is really very good. I'd like to think that the FX 4000 would be an NV40-based card, but I definitely wouldn't say for sure until I saw some more concrete evidence of it being so.

Performance:
Highest Workstation Application Performance
Next-generation architecture enables over 2x improvement in geometry and fill rates with the industry’s highest performance for professional CAD, DCC, and scientific applications.

Precision:
NVIDIA High-Precision Dynamic-Range (HPDR) Technology
HPDR sets new standards for image clarity and quality through floating point capabilities in shading, filtering, texturing, and blending. Enables unprecedented rendered image quality for visual effects processing.

Programmability:
Next-Generation Vertex & Pixel Programmability
NVIDIA Quadro FX 4000 GPUs introduce infinite length vertex programs and dynamic flow control, removing the previous limits on complexity and structure of shader programs. With full support for Vertex and Shader Model 3.0, NVIDIA Quadro FX 4000 GPUs deliver sophisticated effects never before imagined for real-time graphics systems.

Quality:
Rotated-Grid Full-Scene Antialiasing (FSAA)
The rotated-grid FSAA sampling algorithm introduces far greater sophistication in the sampling pattern, significantly increasing color accuracy and visual quality for edges and lines, reducing “jaggies” while maintaining performance.

take a look at the specs, its definitely a NV40

xtrmeocr said:

take a look at the specs, its definitely a NV40

Yah... I concluded that when I saw that it scored a 59 in SPEC's Unigrapics test.

My 3000 only pulls a 46. Jesus.

Back