• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

compatibility. HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yoon3606

Registered
Hi am noob and reading thru all these debates and benchmark charts, I am inclined to buy 9500 pro. But i am still swaying between 9600 pro, which is more abundant and cheaper or fx5700 ultra. Between geforce and ati, which is better in terms of compatibility with software?

Its hard to find 9500 pro and i am seeing $150 right now. Should i buy one made by ATI or Saphires ok? Any of you know where i can get 9500 pro lil cheaper?

Thank you all for helping me.

the best bet for a purchase right now is the 9800 pro from newegg.com. its baout 212, but is much better than the cards you mentioned. if you dont have the money now, then save up a bit and get it. but i cant honestly recomend any of those cards to you when you can have a MUCH better one for a little more.

actualy i just checked out nerwegg, and they have the 9800 non pro for 173, best buy rght there. i would jump on that in a heart beat if i were you.

snyper1982 said:
actualy i just checked out nerwegg, and they have the 9800 non pro for 173, best buy rght there. i would jump on that in a heart beat if i were you.

I second this. If you gotta stay under $200 then go with the 9800np. $173 is a good buy for a card thats significantly faster than either the 9600pro or the 9500pro. Get the 9800pro if you have a little more to spend.

yeah that sounds really good, $173 and u might be able to get a nice OC out of that. The 9600 and 5700 are good but don't get close to the 9800. A deal which u can't let go, my opinion.

So you guys say dont go with refurbished ones?
refurbished 9800 is down to 160.
Aad $173 one is

POWERCOLOR ATI RADEON 9800 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV Out, 8X AGP, Model "XR98-C3L" -BULK

- Specifications -

Chipset/Core Speed: ATI RADEON 9800/325MHz
Memory/Effective Speed: 128MB DDR/600MHz
BUS: AGP 1X/2X/4X/8X
Ports: VGA Out(15 Pin D-Sub)+TV-Out(S-Video)+DVI connector
Support 3D API: DirectX¢ç9, OpenGL¢ç2.0
Cable/Accessories: VGA via DVI Adapter, 4 Cables, 2 CD
Max Resolution@32bit Color: 2048X1536@85Hz

should i go for this?

For the savings of $13 I wouldn't go refurbished on that. You probably wouldn't get a power splitter with it or anything else...just the card.

If it was $50 I would say for for it. A friend of mine just got a 9700pro for $135 off of newegg refurbished. I bought mine refurbished as well. But there's a greater chance that something could be wrong with the products, and for $13 more I would get the unused card.

"Bulk" generally means card only.

the bulk means that it is the card, the adapters, drivers etc. but you will not get the extra software that comes with the retail products, which isnt muh anyways. so i say go for it. the only real difference is the box they come in. lol.

Yuriman said:
Where can you find 9500pro's? Ati discontinued them a long time ago.

Newegg has them in refurbs oftentimes. However, for the price you might as well get a 9700pro as both have been priced in the refurbs in the $130 range.

Back