• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

L35 Hydor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok here is some pics. been up for nearly 48 hours so actualy fell asleep before hsoting them

first pic is the back of the L30 hydor. NOTICE the cord on the L30 is heavy duty

20044295713477342024367.jpg

ok this is the L35. NOTICE its cord is not as heavy duty as the older L30.

20044291702876960018497.jpg

Last edited:
so the first thing youll notice from looking at the pics is that the new L35 uses less power (19watts as aposed to 23watts) but pushes more water (450Gph as aposed to 320Gph ) with slightly higher head (6.7 Feet as aposed to 6.4 Feet)

its important to note that these use the exact same body casing and weigh about the same and come with all the same attachments to include the body mount.

SO you might wonder how did they do it without changeing the body.

well one of the people at hydor america ( i was put in contact with one of the ubers) told me they reworked the motor for less heat and noise and also the impellor.
so i was not expecting a big change internally . well look at the difference in the next post

the L30 impellor or spindle
20044293416864058528700.jpg

and now the L35 impellor or spindle

20044294578040505861202.jpg

now them together. NOTICE that one looks smaller than the other. this is just the angle at which they where taken. they ARE THE SAME SIZE almost . the L35 is slightly larger but the camera angle makes it look smaller cause its farther away .

20044294257486656836329.jpg

OK next a closer Look at the impellor of the L35 as oyu can see there is a modification which sorta forms a ceramic bearing and i believe this may reduce vibration slightly and was specificaly intended for water cooling as that was the hint i got from hydor

20044296049472051055420.jpg

ok after the first non scientific test here i will follow with some pics and impressions.

FIST. I DID NOT USE ANY SCIENTIFIC METHOD OTHER THAN THE POWER OF SIMPLE OBSERVATION!

the first thing i noticed was that the L35 was louder at first.
OK so you think thats bad right? well it was because it definately moved the water with more force and it was creating so much turbulance in the water that air was constantly getting into the intake tube .
SO once the air was worked out of the pump it resumed being quiet which was a barely audible hum which was mostly because of it resting on the handle of the pot which holds the water. when held in my hand it was NEARLY SILENT ( until positioning created more turbulant air bubbles ).
the noise it creates with air in the system is a clicking sound that is most definately from the 2 ceramic parts hitting.

SO overal impression of phase 1 was that THIS DEFINATELY MOVES MORE WATER WITH MORE FORCE ( .3 feet more head was actualy visibly noticeable). later i will be installing it and seeing how it runs but i wont be doing any billA type testing on it.

NOW FOR THE PICs

flow of the L30 pic 1 and 2 first and i will put the L35 flow pics on next post
20044296328554558012101.jpg

20044292746030825759695.jpg

OK so after running the pump for 6 hours continiously i felt it and it ( the L35) was noticeably cooler than the L30 by a large margine but my previous L30 ran hot cause it had a spindle problem

Do you the the L35 is good for a restrictive set up with a waterblock such as a Whitewater or Polarflo SF? Or should I go with something more powerful such as a Mag3?

this has a bit more power than a ehiem 1250 at half the size

i use the L30 on a cathar silver special cascade so this will definately fit most peoples needs.

technicaly they arnt but the market was brought to thier attention when people tried to rma pumps after they have cut the cords on ( voiding warrenty)

Good post :thup:
So the L35 is a real improvement over the L30. The new impeller is impressive ! Do you have any flow / head graph on the L35 ? (the box the L30 came in had a head / flow graph on it). Would be neat to compare both graphs.
L30 shaft was made of metal and was kinda 'soft'. How's the new ceramic shaft ?

yes the l35 impellor fits into the l30 as they use the same housing

the graphs arnt to much diferent to be honest so no real point in plotting them while the l35 definately is better its not earth shattering . if your system benifits more from higher flow then this is definately the pump to get . say for a system with a pelt on it with lower restriction blocks and single pass cores

oh since i have some of the pictures on my host and not free host will post them for better visual since these old ones arnt coming up

Back