• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problems with new sparkle 530watt PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Entimann

Registered
i just installed this thing and it's doing worse than my 350watt generic psu. i am overclocking my cpu and before i could run prime95 for a whole day. i just ran prime with the new psu and the computer froze with 5 minutes.

with just firefox open the rails are:
12v: 1.86
5v: 4.95
3.3v: 3.26

and when i run prime the 12volt line goes down a lot, when it froze it was at 1.67

so should i try to adjust the pots or is something wrong with it?

it has to be reading wrong. at 1.86, your computer wouldnt turn on. in mbm5, my 12v rail is a rock solid 16.32v

Last edited:
I'd be really surprised if that 1.86V reading is through the BIOS because the worst error I've seen in the BIOS was 7% for any of the positive voltages. But Windows-based monitoring programs can sometimes be totally wrong, and Speedfan said that my ECS K7VTA3 v. 8.0c was putting out 6-8V on the +12V rail while it was actually rock steady at +12.11V.

Back